Gardai acting quite aggressively

They’d categorise it as public display of it can be seen from the pub. Place I worked before got hit with a bill from IMRO because they had a TV in the reception area.

How much would those things be costing the public coffers?

The pint glass satellite sports package a pub would ‘require’ as an attraction for its customers is in the ball park of €1500 per month I’m told.

It varies some are cheaper some dearer, it’s based off annual turnover

Yup, hence the ball park figure. I know one pub locally got rid of it after a bill of €1700.
That’s a lot of pints…

Fellas need to be able to watch their beloved English franchise whilst they’re skulling Carling

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: jeez Carling the best dose for constipation

They do a serious pint of Carling in the Dromore Inn in Kildimo

2 Likes

I think we have the source of the leak here guv

1 Like

In fairness arsenal v United on Sunday advertised well would attract a fair crowd to a local pub on Sunday. It’s a big fee per month but given so few have it I could see how you could make it pay.

Yeah, he was in earshot as she told the story and looked fairly sheepish. But sky inspector fella didn’t make it immediately obvious who he was and why he was there. Sat down and ordered a pint the sort of subterfuge employed to snare the young buck

Always - Be wide :eyes:

Can someone shop the Rathoath Inn?

1 Like

Drinking on the job?

She was caught a couple of years back by Sky,was told to either get it in properly or face the consequences.Left with no choice but to get it in.

When did the EPL phenomenon really take off with muldoon GGA loving hicks @peddlerscross @BruidheanChaorthainn @Cheasty? I’m not just referring to folk being interested in watching a Man U-Liverpool or Arsenal-Man U match or whatever but the scenario that now pertains where GGA people will also know every shitty little obscure detail about EPL also rans.

I might have this wrong but I felt there was always a hurling man type that took pride in not having any interest in the “foreign game” whatsoever. Things changed gradually at first in my view - you might have been at a league game in February 2008 in Wexford Park against Offaly & heard some bogger at half time behind you saying…”any score in the Liverpool game yet PJ?”

But now the EPL is a complete beast that overshadows everything. You’ll obviously get lads on here pretending to be watching some club hurling game on the gaelic language channel in November when they’re really watching Crystal Palace v Aston Villa but when did the EPL definitively win the war?

Was it when phone technology improved, mobile data plans became more generous & boggers started becoming adept at using iPhones etc? They could follow the scores, bet in running, engage in Twitter banter & then talk about typical Sam Allardyce tactics in the local pub in their village?

7 Likes

The gaa waved the white flag with the split season.

The September all Irelands couldn’t compete with the epl.

when @padjo & @mikehunt started yammering on about Brighton & Hove Albion needing to invest to replace their “8” I knew the game was up

Twas probably around the time when bogtrotters such as yourself started calling themselves urbanites. God Rest the Mulliance.

3 Likes

Huh? I’m from the eastern seaboard.

1 Like