Gardai acting quite aggressively

If I cut you, youā€™ll bleed muldoon

Iā€™m not advocating violence obviously

1 Like

Iā€™m the wrong person to ask about this because up to about 1997 I knew every little obscure detail about EPL also rans, but my knowledge declined year on year on year after that, every year. My disinterest peaked around 2006 but then my interest in Liverpool Football Club only suddenly shot up again around 2011 (and for a brief period from March 2013 on, Wigan Athletic). This general direction of travel seems to be the opposite of what you perceive most people to have taken but I would perceive most people of my age have taken a direction of travel more similar to myself.

Iā€™m not sure I could name five players in the bottom half of the Premier League now and I couldnā€™t name one current Brighton or Brentford player bar the Irish chaps.

The existence of seemingly well known players like Yves Bissouma, Moses Caiceido and that Saliba chap who plays for Arsenal had completely bypassed me until very recently and my comments on EPL teams bar Liverpool are mainly made based on distilling what other people are saying, as opposed to actually watching these teams.

2 Likes

Youā€™re an enigma.

You need to get on @Scrunchie ā€™s EPL WhatsApp group where you get people Iā€™ve never met coming out with things likeā€¦ā€not the first time Jon Moss has screwed over Wolves against a top six sideā€ & stuff like that. Itā€™s absolutely unreal.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t watched any epl this year really bar a few highlights and checking to see if Darwin has scored so I can tag @BruidheanChaorthainn

If lads were honest with themselves theyā€™d admit that 90% of soccer games are boring.

I think much like NFL betting and fantasy games are as much to do with their popularity as the product itself.

Sky are great lads to market to be fair to them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of Jon Moss. In fact I could not name one Premier League referee. Michael Oliver? Maybe one.

nothing beats being there mate

You mustnā€™t have watched any epl at all so If thatā€™s the case for the last 12 months.

1 Like

I havenā€™t

The real success story of the epl is everybody knows when itā€™s on.

The complete opposite to the inter gaa county season.

Iā€™m not really sure the interest is the same as before. City took the sting out of it.

Ach when youā€™ve people hoping Celtic win the Mizzoni Premier League ahead of their own county winning an all ireland itā€™s time to reconsider how entertaining the GAA really is.

Of course an Irish professional sports team competing on a North Atlantic & indeed pan European scale is vastly more important that some random ladsā€™ localised hobby. For example, most Celtic fans would probably be more interested in the clubā€™s exploits than the goings on of their local model railway club. Itā€™s not necessarily a football versus bog stick thing.

1 Like

Spoken like a true footix.

Are you calling these lads hicks ?

Signing in.*

*I do watch the odd Champions League game and ā€œMOTDā€ every now and then

1 Like

Iā€™d have to say that if youā€™re running a dodgy box in a pub, youā€™re taking the piss, and deserve what you get.
Letterfrack :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Youā€™ve come a long way from a little jizz spot on your pants after getting a corporate freebie to a rubby friendly against the eastern Samoa seconds on December 12th.

1 Like

^^^

Gibberish. Up your game, for fuck sake.

1 Like

When I first starting living in Dublin 5 I couldnā€™t get over how busy the pubs would be on a Sunday afternoon if man United or Liverpool would be playing.

Standing room only in big joints like the Cock and Bull/Manhattan in Raheny which would then empty out at 6pm as soon as the football ended. An acquaintance of mine said the same would be true of his local the concord down the road in edenmore as well.

1 Like

I was down at a work Christmas party in a hotel in Naas in 1997 . There was a nightclub attached. when the music stopped at end of night two big groups of lads started chanting football songs at each other from across the dancefloor . Iā€™d never seen anything like it. United and Liverpool were playing the next day .

5 Likes

Touch a nerve?

3 Likes