Gardai acting quite aggressively

This is what happens when you let the likes of @glasagusban into the civil/public service.

1 Like

What if they’d driven into a family not a truck?

See what I mean @johnnysachs . This is what you’re dealing with

4 Likes

So if any scumbag being chased by the Gardai heads the wrong up a main road will the Gardai stop and let them away?

The Garda hasn’t been found guilty of anything. This could be a wonderful triumph. Nally’esque.

1 Like

Sure this is going on for almost three years now, it’s ridiculous that the garda has this hanging over him for so long and has to go on trial like this.

There are three less scumbags out there not robbing cars and breaking into houses.

He should be given a medal not put on trial.

17 Likes

Chatting with a fella in the job, he says he is surprised it’s managed to stay in district court.

He also said your man will be doing well to get acquitted.

You mean is should be in front of a higher court?

A jury trial. Be fine I’d say

Is there more to this story? Like surely a police chase is ok

As long as some idiot jury member doesn’t visit the crash site

His name is out in the public domain too. Scandalous carry on.

2 Likes

Yes. As he has pleaded not guilty, the DPP would normally instruct that this goes to the circuit court.

Yeah, it seems strange to me. Like was the Garda causing more or less danger to the public by trying to get these lunatics off the road?

1 Like

Well if they’re going to suspend a lad for 4 years for lending a bike to a pensioner, they were hardly going to let this one slide

1 Like

That’s what we’re dealing with here. No wonder there is so much disillusionment in the job right now.

2 Likes

I’m not calling for a conviction but it’s clearly more of a danger to the public when you engage in a high speed chase

Those 3 lads were trying to superspread the fatal Delta variant too, which is the biggest crime of all imo.

5 Likes

So just let them drive off?

1 Like

Is he being charged for dangerous driving in the pursuit as opposed to the pursuit being the cause of the scumbags going down the wrong side of the motorway?

“ The dangerous driving incidents allegedly occurred at Brookfield Road, the N82 Citywest roundabout and Cheeverstown Road “