Gardai acting quite aggressively

Damning report about the Gardai released today.

Thoughts on it, chaps?

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1044186, member: 9”]Damning report about the Gardai released today.

Thoughts on it, chaps?[/QUOTE]
Had a quick look over the main points.

1. What the fuck are these wasters doing with their time?
  2. I’m shocked in such an IT savy, modernized country like Ireland that there is a shortage of stats, equipment, IT expert is available to a government body. It’s bizarre.
  3. Recent stories emerging have indicated that the cops in Ireland have a predijucial and racist approach to crimes an dealing with victims. This has to stop. Between this and the treatment of Romas in Waterford, Africans in Dublin and Travellers in general I might have to get off the pulpit about the Aussies. It’s embarrassing what I have read about certain Irish people recently.
  4. What the fuck are these wasters doing with their time?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1044207, member: 273”]Had a quick look over the main points.

2. What the fuck are these wasters doing with their time?[/QUOTE]

Closing down pubs that are open a few minutes too late. That’s about it.

+1

I got my name taken the last time there was a lock in below in the local. What the fuck do they think taking a name is going to do? They took names of everyone drinking in the pub, while lads were sneaking out the back door into their cars.

They don’t follow up on women being abused but go after small local businesses bending the law a bit.

Its the world over, but there is a massive disconnect between the ordinary folk and cops these days. I think every cop should spend 1 year of training as a community garda. They have no idea what’s important anymore, much like politicians.

ACAB

ridiculous to compare them to Politicians …they have shit training and wage cut after wage cut, what do you really expect ?..they don’t give a fcuk anymore…

They also have a false sense of self importance. Most Gardai are afraid of dealing with actual crime too, all the ones around home do is set up checkpoints and tell young lads in cars to fuck away home when they park up in some car park.
No protection in rural areas and no bite in urban areas from them, not worth a fuck really.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1044207, member: 273”]Had a quick look over the main points.

2. What the fuck are these wasters doing with their time?[/QUOTE]

It seems they spend most of their time fudging figures and trying to find ways of reclassifying crimes so they don’t have to do some work investigating the crime.

No its not.neither have any idea anymore of what’s really going on, on the ground. Both skip good basic grounding starting off. Few politicians do the local councillor route nose and most cops never do a beat now.

The wasges are never great, but they have some great perks. Don’t get into it if you are interesdted n making a fortune,.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1044293, member: 273”]They don’t follow up on women being abused but go after small local businesses bending the law a bit.

Its the world over, but there is a massive disconnect between the ordinary folk and cops these days. I think every cop should spend 1 year of training as a community garda. They have no idea what’s important anymore, much like politicians.[/QUOTE]
Given cops “the world over” have to deal with little pissheads like you raging at them, its easy to see why you would have a negative view of them.

[QUOTE=“Bad Winner, post: 1044304, member: 2406”]They also have a false sense of self importance. Most Gardai are afraid of dealing with actual crime too, all the ones around home do is set up checkpoints and tell young lads in cars to fuck away home when they park up in some car park.
.[/QUOTE]

a lot of that goes back to proper training to deal with actual crime…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1044311, member: 273”]

The wasges are never great, but they have some great perks. Don’t get into it if you are interesdted n making a fortune,.[/QUOTE]

nonsense…the overtime a lot of gardai were pulling in the boom years was massive…a lot would have invested in property with it and now with overtime gone and wages cut a lot are screwed meeting payments on the porperties hence the rise in corruption in the cops…add to that you have 30 year olds with fcuk all experience running garda stations because the older ones took the early retirement incentives offered , you had a brain drain…corruption will only increase I think

TWO Dublin gardai have been accused of assaulting two brothers during a Christmas Party in Limerick after they asked them where they could find some prostitutes.

David Naughton from Lucan and Wesley Kenny, who has an address in Sandyford, have pleaded not guilty to assaulting Luke Morrison and his brother James Morrison on December 5, 2013.

Limerick District Court has heard that both men are stationed at garda stations in the capital and were attending a Christmas night out when the alleged offences occurred.

In his evidence yesterday, Luke Morrison (19) said when he returned to his apartment at Cecil Street at around 9.30pm, he encountered the two defendants, who were outside talking with a friend of his.

He said as he tried to go inside the men said they were looking for “brazzers” and tried to force their way in to the building.

Mr Morrison said they made their way into the hallway before he and he friend forced them out and closed the door. The court was told that around 20 minutes later, as Mr Morrison and his brother, James, were walking to the Chicken Hut restaurant for food, they encountered the defendants on the street.

Mr Morrison said as he and his brother passed the defendants near the junction of Cecil Street and Catherine Street, they put up their hands saying “no trouble”.

He told the court that he informed the defendants they would not find any prostitutes on the street and that he suggested they look elsewhere.

Mr Morrison and his brother then continued onto Catherine Street, where it is alleged they were assaulted by the defendants.

CCTV footage appears to show the defendants following the brothers from Cecil Street onto Catherine Street where an altercation can clearly be seen.

Mr Morrison told State solicitor Michael Murray, prosecuting, that during the altercation one of the defendants shoved a garda badge in his face telling him not to “f*** with the guards”.

He further alleged that when a crowd began to form, the defendants accused him and his brother of trying to rob their phones and wallets.

Being cross-examined by Breffni Gordon BL, Mr Morrison denied he had waved a bread knife at the defendants when they tried to enter his apartment.

“There is no truth in that whatsoever” he said adding: “They assaulted me and now they are trying to put a spin on it.”

In a bizarre development shortly before lunchtime yesterday, Mr Morrison left the stand and walked out of the courtroom in the middle of his cross-examination stating that he wished to withdraw his statement of complaint.

However, after discussions with gardai and Mr Murray he later returned to the witness box to complete his evidence.

The hearing continues before Judge Grainne O’Neill this morning.

Any big organisation needs to have support staff and IT structures - GardaĂ­ should have non-GardaĂ­ support staff who are experts/experienced in chosen areas

GardaĂ­ should be tasked with tackling crime with all the admin stuff done by non-GardaĂ­ and IT systems

taking notes in a referee book this day and age is nuts

all of this is useful if you are being pursued by a big organisation - rely on their inertia and institutional laziness. Middle class people have a real need to “please” authority. Scrotes don’t. It’s why road traffic offences are cannon fodder for the cops.

I’m not arguing with that, but it still has nothing to do with what I said. In fact the same can be said about politicians, Intellectually at least.

Cops like everyone else over spent, lived beyond reality. Tough shit.pack it in and get another job.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1044330, member: 2272”]
Middle class people have a real need to “please” authority. .[/QUOTE]

or maybe they just respect the law…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1044334, member: 273”]I’m not arguing with that, but it still has nothing to do with what I said. In fact the same can be said about politicians, Intellectually at least.

Cops like everyone else over spent, lived beyond reality. Tough shit.pack it in and get another job.[/QUOTE]

you hate the fuzz kev…I don’t know why pal…they took away the height restriction years ago…

I don’t hate them. I’ve known many fine policemen the world over. Its just there are too many dickheads involved and they have become government institutions of misfits. I used to have great respect for cops.
They are also becoming dangerously more and more milatarized. In the states now they basucally have a war on drugs cos the money and assets they seize funds them, so they ignore murder, rape, robbery etc to go after drug lords. They can now seize houses on “suspicion”, its only a matter of time that its the norm.

Ireland’s problem is different,for now. There is a culture of avoidance.