General Comedy Quotes Thread

Ah here. It doesn’t have anything to do with Phoebe. She is rubbish I agree.

In hindsight it wasn’t the funniest quote I could have posted up. But I still maintain that Friends is a quality show.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 785112, member: 24”]Ah here. It doesn’t have anything to do with Phoebe. She is rubbish I agree.

In hindsight it wasn’t the funniest quote I could have posted up. But I still maintain that Friends is a quality show.[/quote]

The infamous farmerinthecity backtrack wasn’t long in coming.

So you support the Irish soccer team again Bandage?

Yes, farmerinthecity. Since around 2009 or thereabouts so it’s not a recent development.

But wasn’t there a stage where you didn’t support them, and then went back on that to support them?

Not to mention your flip flopping on PDC/BDO darts.

I am merely pointing out the fact that people in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones.

In fairness to farmerinthecity friends has stood the test of time far better than say the likes of scrubs…

it will never touch the likes of Seinfeld however.

Fr Ted. :clap:
Dougal, ‘’ that’s the bit i have trouble with’’ :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBAZTQ0nbQ

[quote=“carryharry, post: 785133, member: 1517”]Fr Ted. :clap:
Dougal, ‘’ that’s the bit i have trouble with’’ :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBAZTQ0nbQ
[/quote]

A great episode. One of the very best.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 785131, member: 24”]But wasn’t there a stage where you didn’t support them, and then went back on that to support them?

Not to mention your flip flopping on PDC/BDO darts.

I am merely pointing out the fact that people in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]My flexible sporting opinions have no relevance to general comedy quotes. On a separate note, I used to like Rice Krispies when I was a kid but I don’t eat them anymore. Similar to changing sporting tastes, this shouldn’t necessarily preclude me from ridiculing a lame quote from a rubbish programme like Friends. Your reasoning is warped and I hereby demand an apology.[/FONT]

You weren’t ridiculing the quote. You were shiteing on about me backtracking.

When you have done worse backtracking in the past, like the examples I gave.

Whether it is sport related or not is irrelevant.

And you know it.

‘Flexible sporting opinions’ :smiley: :pint:

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 785136, member: 24”]You weren’t ridiculing the quote. You were shiteing on about me backtracking.

When you have done worse backtracking in the past, like the examples I gave.

Whether it is sport related or not is irrelevant.

And you know it.

‘Flexible sporting opinions’ :smiley: :pint:[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Apples and oranges, farmerinthecity. I defiantly stick to my guns for concerted periods of time until the circumstances and/or facts change (e.g. appointment of Mr Trapattoni) or new evidence emerges (e.g. incident in Phil “The Power” Taylor’s mini-bus in Scotland). Meanwhile, you backtracked yet again after a number of minutes. Now, where’s my apology? [/FONT]

Appointment of Mr Trapattoni me hole.

I am sure I could pull out posts of your PDC support post Phil’s indiscretion.

You also neglected to mention your move from die hard Man City supporter to die hard Celtic supporter under the ‘circumstances and/or facts change’ being you meeting Rocko.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 785141, member: 24”]
You also neglected to mention your move from die hard Man City supporter to die hard Celtic supporter under the ‘circumstances and/or facts change’ being you meeting Rocko.[/quote]
:eek:

Ah lovely. This thread is a throw back to 06/07 when farmer was climbing down more than a Russian sub.

Bandage used to be a big fan of friends. I keep saying it and he keeps denying it.

[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]Major: “Well you’ve got to love them I suppose.”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]Basil: “Germans?”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]Major: “No, women. I hate Germans!”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]Polly: “What about German women?”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]Major: “Good card players!”[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=adelle-1][FONT=inherit]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/23/1358954840656/Major-Gowen-Fawlty-Towers-010.jpg[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

I quite like Joycie. I mean, fair play, she’s a bit of a dog. But I quite like old dogs. They never ask if you still respect them in morning. They always lend you a nicker for petrol.

The money for the milkman is under the statue of Our Lord Being Embarrassed by the Romans.

The Holy Stone of Clonrichert. That’s right - wasn’t someone cured there?

No, someone was LURED there.

“I met a man at a party. He said “I’m writing a novel” I said "Oh really? Neither am I.”

Peter Cook

This gem from the Galway forum always makes me laugh, re quoted by Lazarus I think from hoganstand forum.
“Cloonan is a very shrude operator, with the likes of him and curley we will definately win an all ireland”