George Lee

LEGEND:
http://www.michaelcollinscentre.com/images/michael-collins-portrait.JPG

CUNT:

Just heard there that the News Department don’t want George back.

Suppose its to Current Affairs programming or Kazoo for George.

Funny thing I was reminded of earlier but didn’t mention here was that when Michael Noonan snubbed Inda for a Front bench post back in the day, oul’ Inda got very snotty about it and threatened to leave FG. Granted Mrs Kenny is or was an RTE Exec and got him plenty of air time for his tantrums.

I think thats very funny

Was actually looking forward to seeing what George Lee was going to do as the next Finance minister of the country. I had incorrectly assumed that he was the shadow Finance spokesman. Even if Richard Bruton was guaranteed the Finance portfolio surely FG/Labour should have seen the benefit of having Lee as even Junior Finance minister with significant input into economic policy. Perhaps Bruton didnt appreciate another finance brain in the party? The hamfisted opposition to NAMA would certainly suggest something was amiss.

A media savvy politican with a serious economic background was a serious feather in the cap of the opposition particularly with a general election coming up. His departure is an absolute disaster for Enda Kenny. How the fuck could Kenny not keep him onside?

I actually admire Lee for jumping ship as others have said he could have drawn a healthy independent salary for another year or so. There are enough brainless minions on both sides of Leinster House to fill backbencher seats.

Doesn’t Bruton have a Oxford PhD in Economics?

Oxford, yes, PhD no, it’s an MPhil in Economics according to Wiki

Yeah he worked in the ESRI with NCC aswell.

Lee knows the media game though inside out, was a serious asset to FG and a safe seat. As with a lot of cases his disillusionment is a failure of management. Certain promises made to him by Kenny were undoubtedly broken and even if Bruton didnt like it, Lee should have been brought into to all economic discussion particularly policy ones. The failure by Kenny to do so maybe a tacit admission of his own lack of strength within the FG party.

I think Richard Bruton had very little to do with lack of use for the Boy George.

His contituency colleagues; Oliva Mitchell and Alan Shat’ter, on the other hand…

I wouldn’t trust Ms Mitchell as far as Dick Spring could spring her from his car. :wink:

And if I was a betting person I’d say George got the hump 'cause Richard Bruton was just better.

Bruton still couldn’t convince two former FG leaders of his anti NAMA proposals.

So what chance did Boy George* really have then?

(*without the RTE Make UP, Production & Editing crew)

It seems to me that George just couldn’t hack it. Obviously getting medical cards for constitutents and dealing with the public wasn’t what he thought it was.

Matt Cooper had Eoghan Harris, Olivia Mitchell and Terri Prone on discussing George’s departure. Almost broke the radio listening to their smug, patronising interpretations of the issue. Cunts all.

http://www.ivenus.com/images/uploads/Terry-Prone.jpg

Even that photo doesn’t do justice to how big a cunt that woman is.

I was at a function once where Bruton was a guest speaker. Throughly unimpressive.
I met Enda Kenny at the ploughing match one year. A lovely fella although even more unimpressive.

Who knows what would happen if either ever had control of the button

I think he was though. Didn’t Kenny say today that he was part of the OECD delegation in a statement today. What happened was that Georgy realised there was no political will to develop an alternative economic strategy. What interests me is how he ever believed that there would be.

Dobbo have George quite a grilling there - I don’t think they’ll be sitting beside each other in the RTE canteen any time soon. Aside from being sidelined when it came to economic policy matters, George seems to have taken grave exception to Kenny offering him some other front bench role as an enticement to stay on when he first threatened resignation last week.

Lee has repeatedly said today that he had no input into economic policy discussions. So guess you will have to take him on his word. Being a John O’Mahony celebrity type TD wasnt why he got into politics. Beggars belief how Kenny was unable to manage him though and this is the man (Kenny) that will be managing our country :frowning:

As an aside, what wedge at all is John O’Mahony bringing home this year. A TD salary and all the expenses, county manager expenses, does he qualify for his teacher pension aswell? If Mayo have a decent year he is guaranteed his seat at next year’s election too without a day of canvassing. Pretty much win win for him. Id say there could be a good deal more celebrity types attracted to politics in these recessionary times.

Yeah I know what he’s said, but what’s uncertain is whether it’s a matter of lack of input or lack of influence. It seems to me that Lee has met with the reality of the political institution, and the harsh truth that no matter what politicians say, there are interests to be protected and that ideology precludes any pragmatism or fresh thinking such as that which Lee expected to bring to the table.

In other words, he was under the impression that the financial crash meant that the economic system which caused it was under review. Now he knows that it isn’t.

he would have been naive to think FG would change anything - he probably wasnt cut out to be a TD either- FG should have got him in as an advisor & not a TD

A crazy story this and Fine Gael’s p[olicy of getting big names has really back fired.

I don’t know if it is a case of Lee not completely getting the political scene and wanting to be a Financial advisor as opposed to an actual TD or a case of a person with a bit of balls not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.

A little from column A and a little from Column B me thinks.

What would people expect Lee’s political commentry to be like going forward? That’s the most interesting issue of all.

Any harsh criticism of Fine Gael muight simply be perceived as bitterness, but he does have a great opportunity to attack the political system at the same time. One thing that’s certain is that if he was in fact excluded from the inner circles of power, it was in no small part due to his never being one of ‘them’ to begin with. Anyone who gets anywhere in politics gets there because they’ve proven they’ll tow the line and they’ve sold out their own principles a long time ago.