George Lee

Disappointed that George is gone
He was an alright sort- he started an aul 5km that I ran a few months back and hung around til the end for the dodgy tea and sandwiches, having a chat with all and sundry

I think that there are a number of plausible reasons for this departure:

1. HE couldnā€™t hack the shite that goes along with politicking- the medical cards, funerals, planning etc
  2. He was promised a decent position by Inda and this never materialised
  3. He became convinced that FG wonā€™t win the next election under Inda, became disillusioned and left
  4. He was part of a failed coup against Inda and decided that the time to come had arrived
  5. Heā€™s been offered something more interesting elsewhere

I donā€™t know but imagine its a combination of 1,2 and 3
I wonder whoā€™ll be up for the by election now?
Brennan Jr wonā€™t win
White from Labour might win
FG???

George is on Frontline now.

Is there going to be a showdown between him and Leo Varadkar later on?

It certainly sounded like that.
I wonder which one of them has the squarest head.

Pat Kenny at pains to personalise the whole thing.

Thereā€™s only room for one kenny around here

Heā€™ll shag off before varadkar comes on iā€™d say.

Heā€™s getting put through the wringer on every front. I wonder will Fintan Oā€™Toole and Vincent Browne be more sympathetic.

They were supposed to be talking about social welfare tonight, has that been scrapped completely?

Something smells rotten about this whole story, no matter how ineffective he felt, he was better off in the dail, if he really wants to make a difference what can he do now that heā€™s on the outside?

Ya, he said at the start they would be devoting the whole show to George.
Convenient George picked today to announce his resignation, just as Pat moved his show to a new prime time slot.

I think thatā€™s a central point he made in his own defence, that he could have more influence in the media than as a backbench TD.

Kenny and his slurry spreading.

Fuck off Plank.

He is so difficult to watch. I find him to be extremely biased as well. Heā€™d claim to be tough on everyone but thatā€™s horseshit. Iā€™ve never known him to pursue an anti-establishment line on anything.

I donā€™t buy that though, does he really think he is going to get back the platform he previously held?

If he played hard ball with Inda and the rest of the dopes he could have got himself a lot more visiblity until the next election. I know he said he didnā€™t want to be making deals and all that, if that is true then what was he doing getting involved in politics in the first place?

And whoā€™s Johnny Sexton I wonderā€¦

:rolleyes:

I donā€™t doubt that he could have got much greater visibility and probably a ministry but the point is, even there, the system just isnā€™t open to reform. Thatā€™s at the heart of it. He has made the point that in the aftermath of the financial crisis that he (and all the rest of us) thought that real change was going to happen. We should all know by now that it isnā€™t.

Yates is a prick of the highest order

So he should just give up? Everyone knows reform is needed, but we are definitely further away from it now that he is gone.

Will we be better off now if young Brennan gets in so that he can while away the next 40 years without ever rising his head above the parapet.

A typical red faced buffoon roaring his disapproval now.

I think heā€™s aware that as a lone backbencher he hadnā€™t a snowballā€™s chance in hell of changing anything. Itā€™s gas watching the old boys club of Ivan Yates and the like desperately defending the rotten system that made them. ā€˜Ah sure your man is just full of himself, thereā€™s nothing wrong with the Dail. Brian Lenihan is doing a mighty jobā€™.

Fucking parasites the lot of them.

Pat Kenny to Varadkar

ā€œPerhaps heā€™s not as wise as youā€

Fucking hell