Gerald McCarthy has resigned

[quote=“HBV*”]the neutral gaa people by and large would have no time for them, they were never the most popular of lads to begin either.

is it fair to say that up to recently the majority of cork gaa folk were anti those players, the only reason this has changed and indeed the revolution is/has happened is because of the beatings the development panel are taking.[/quote]

Thanks for that. You predicted the rest of the saga so well I’m going to follow you closely from now on.

Vote was passed overwhelmingly in my own club at the weekend. Anyone I spoke to, my old fella included, were voting against the CCB rather than because they felt the 08 players were right. I think a massive group of club members have done what they felt was best for Cork GAA as opposed to out of any degree of loylaty to the 08 panel

As the father said, twas like voting a kick in the balls or a kick in the teeth.

[quote=“HBV*”]the neutral gaa people by and large would have no time for them, they were never the most popular of lads to begin either.

is it fair to say that up to recently the majority of cork gaa folk were anti those players, the only reason this has changed and indeed the revolution is/has happened is because of the beatings the development panel are taking.[/quote]

Personally I think when the clubs saw Nemo go 185:1 they saw the opportunity themselves.

[quote=“dancarter”]Vote was passed overwhelmingly in my own club at the weekend. Anyone I spoke to, my old fella included, were voting against the CCB rather than because they felt the 08 players were right. I think a massive group of club members have done what they felt was best for Cork GAA as opposed to out of any degree of loylaty to the 08 panel

As the father said, twas like voting a kick in the balls or a kick in the teeth.[/quote]

The board and the current procedural arrangement were always the issue. I don’t know how many people actually find Donal Og or Sean Og personally likeable. I don’t anyway. The perconal fiefdom approach of The likes of Frank Murphy sickens me however. As a Clare man, no doubt we’ll take an awful kick in the balls for this before the year is out but you couldn’t but not sympathise with people trying to change something that was clearly wrong. The GMC and FM issues were intertwined all along. You wouldn’t have one without the other. Whether it’ll run out of steam with the first victory or not remains to be seen.

I can see this getting them unbelievable support, honestly. I am disgusted with a few of them, but if i’m being honest, not everyone shares my views, and the players are being seen as heros by many.
This has more to do with a hatred for the old Cb ways than a anything in my opinion, but i can see this having a huge galvanising affect on all things Cork GAA.

No, i would completely (respectfully) disagree with all of that. That is simply not true. I’m not defending them, but the last few weeks and the meetings i have been at have actually surprised me. They have huge support.

They wont get much outside of Cork.

what support outside of Cork do they want?

No, but thats not the support they were ever looking for.

This could have very negative consequences for Clare. I think that we play them next in the league. If all is settled the first match out they will have all guns blazing.

who ever supported us outside Cork anyways. Everyone surely loves to see Cork toppled.

Anyways sep 2011 when KK are going for the 5 in row plenty will shout for us

[quote=“dancarter”]who ever supported us outside Cork anyways. Everyone surely loves to see Cork toppled.

[/quote]

not true, cork are generally respected, unlike tipp for example who are just not and never will be.
i had no great negativity towards cork gaa any more than other counties before Cusack and Gardner and that is the truth.

ill be praying those fuckers get a hiding or two this summer though

kevin please leave all respect for others at the door, it is not welcome here, it has no place :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck you, ya Limerick prick.:slight_smile:

Down to play them the weekend after next Pull Hard, don’t think we will have any bother, barring Cork getting it postponed for a few weeks(can’t see this happening)…If it is the 2008 panel that come to Ennis it will be their first collective match and will be fairly ring rusty as a unit…

Too easy…

Who will shop steward Donal Og allow in as Cork manager? Now that he seems to be calling the shots.

thought there was already a thread dedicated to this tripe:eek:

i think for a fresh start Donal Og should walk too…

I think you’ll find that it’s the Cork public that has called the shots SS**. If Frank finds himself with spare time on his hands maybe the two of ye can sit down and draw up ye’re own strategic vision for the gaa, based primarily on 1930’s style subservience to authority.