Germany Backers Thread

Have you taken out penalties?

I’m applying the internationally recognised criteria of determining who won a match. Which team scored more goals.

Denmark and Wales were our big footballing rivalries before the arrival of Stephen Kenny.

England v Germany is always a wonderful occasion. Will there be 45,000 inside Wembley tonight? I look forward to the sense of occasion around the national anthems. The build up to the Euro 96’ clash posted in a thread here earlier was absolutely iconic.

It seems you have really thrown yourself into the little Englander mentality by getting drunk in the sunshine before a big game, your posts are really suffering for it though. Wikipedia and amateur psychology is all we are getting from you now. Ireland have an excellent tournament record against Italy, I don’t think the Italians consider Ireland their biggest rivals however.
In any case an England win tonight is exactly what the continent needs. A full Wembley for a semi-final and final, with Boris leading the supporters, would finally signal the end of a very difficult 16 months.

First paragraph fine.

Second paragraph not so much.

1 Like

The Germans have a lovely national anthem.

1 Like

Could you hear it?

Written by an Austrian. Austrians have played a significant part in their history a bit like Ernest Shackleton and the Duke of Wellington have for the mainland

Just home from work. Apologies for the late sign in.

Hon England!

1 Like

Hard luck to Germany. Always an honour to do battle against our great rivals and friends in the biggest rivalry in international soccer. I’m sure we’ll meet again soon in another high stakes knock out game.

1 Like

I wonder do Germany consider England to be a rival now.

They always did. Just a few Paddy Hipsters and Footix and that Raphael chap that didn’t.

1 Like

Uwe Seeler RIP

Thank fuck, I thought it was Rosler.

Germany seem to be very under the radar. Not much talk about them. You can never write off the Germans.

The likes of Spain and Germany badly need a striker.

Der ball ist rund und das spiel dauert 90 minuten.

Am ende gewinnen immer die deutschen