Getting a dog

It’s lashing now so I’ll send him down for some messages in a while, he had an early start lighting the fire and having the breakfast on the table for us

3 Likes

Getting the dog next week. What’s the best way to bring it around in a saloon car. Some kind of crate in the boot with the yoke dividing the back window and the boot taken out… Or perched on the back seat with some form of a seat belt :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sitting beside you with the window open?

3 Likes

Depends if you always drive like the time your wife took you out for a surprise fancy meal during the rugby.

1 Like

Put the wife in the back seat and have himself riding shotgun alongside you up front. That is, of course, if you’re the pack leader.

5 Likes

Thanks guys

Anyone else

1 Like

@Ceist will tell you that you must restrain a dog in a car in Ireland.

https://www.allianz.ie/blog/your-pet/driving-with-dogs.html

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

@Ceist how many bot interactions is each forum member allowed per week?

0 so

1 Like

You need to upgrade the motor given that it’s a Labrador you’re getting. What you need I feel, is quite possibly the 7 seater BMW X5. You can then handily fit the 2 youngest into the back 2 seats allowing Hoggie (nod to Cork hurlers) occupy one of the back seats where he can put his head out the window when out for a spin. The X5 comes with nappa leather seats and it’s easier to clean them after accidents.

You’ll get, or should get a nice 20/21 X5 for around the €75k. Happy to help.:+1:

7 Likes

Good man. Changing the car be the cheapest part of this by the looks of it. Missus enquiring about fencing off the entire site now. She has no concept of money which is a grand way to be I spose

2 Likes

Throw the dog in the boot, keep his leash on him, close the door on the leash. Job done

For boundary, we’ve a collar yokie that’s hooked up to a modem like thing. You set the range and they go beyond it, get a shock. No need for it at home after small bit of training but handy to have when taking dogs away to new environment and a cat/fox/rat catches their attention. Range and zap strength easily adjustable. No wiring etc need

1 Like

When I had the lab I had an estate. Just let the dog in the boot. It was grand. He was too big to jump in the front.

1 Like

@gilgamboa in a saloon get a dog sheet for the back seat, it has attachments to go around the head rests front and back. Watch out for this in Lidl €10ish
Then you get a strap that hooks one end to the seat belt latch and clips to dog harness. This goes thru the cover into the latch. You might have to shop around for this or order online. Use harness in the car. But use a collar for walking your dog. A harness encourages pulling and you want to walk the dog, not the dog walk you.
71739106bcce03869b94d7129ac52304233ef2bb
images (1)

1 Like

Jaysus we really are starting from zero here aren’t we.

Look, we’ve moved on from riding horny young tellers in bank vaults. It’s evolution lad.

Incredible when you think back to the early days of this august forum really. Lads have moved on from bollocksology and sessions to crèches, rejections of stags (excl Julio) BBQing, air-fryers and the growth expectancy of lawns. Fascinating - there should be a study done on it really.

It really is a microcosm of modern Ireland.

6 Likes

You forgot island envy