GGA Player Fails Drug test

If we’re going to stick to the facts, then can you stop mentioning rumours and your fucking gut?

Morning Fitzy

Morning. How are we?

All’s good in the hood.
Nice day in NSW?

I’m pretty sure Aidan O’Mahony was in the same pub as me this evening. Didn’t seem to be off his head on sabutomel to me anyways.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]All’s good in the hood.
Nice day in NSW?[/quote]

Its actually pretty cold and raining today, thunderstorms expected tommorrow and the weekend doesn’t look great, which is a pain in the arse as I have a load of concreting to do out the back of the house.

Summer hasn’t hit yet, its surprisingly cold and damp, which isn’t too bad I suppose as we need the rain.

Where are you?

Dark and damp Dublin

Oh, how I miss it!

thought you didnt follow the GGA NCC, or are you talking shite again. Your stories are unravelling fast here.:wink:

:wink: Jaysus thats more of it…!

By the way, the man is innocent until proven guilty, surely a Dublin hoodlum would know that.

I never knew animals suffered from asthma.

?

Ive always kept an eye on tge GGA - sometimes its a critical eye but I have always kept an eye on it

Im perplexed by the attitudes here

This guy has failed a drug test- until he is cleared by the sports council thats all we know, if he is cleared ill say he isnt a drug cheat but all i know for sure is that he failed a drug test

luckily enough you lads arent working for the sports council as you accept innocence very easily

Innocent til proven guilty, as you well know, but shur why let that interfere?

You’re a poor effort for a wind up corncrake.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Innocent til proven guilty, as you well know, but shur why let that interfere?

You’re a poor effort for a wind up corncrake.[/quote]

he failed a drug test - he is guilty - he now has to explain why he failed

if it is so concrete why do you think he is getting the chance to explain why he failed?..would that not strike you as unusual if the decision was nailed on?

Rookie, rookie stuff corncrake.

F

Try harder next time.

dont they always get a hearing?

i just feel that you are all cutting this guy too much slack

if the lad has proof he is in any way ashmatic then the gaa needs a kick in the hole.
this is an amateur sportsman playing an amateur game, this should have been cleared up 100% with whatever outcome before the fuckers leaked it, its a disgrace.
for fuck sake its an inhaler, its not epo and its not something he was rubbing into his ankles to make himself jump higher

In other sports, the person gets a hearing if they request one. AS far as I know, the procedure is A sample tests positive, player gets contacted. If he admits, he gets suspended. If he doesn’t (which is generally the case), he gets provisionally suspended (I think) while a test is done on the B sample (more indepth test I think). After the B sample is tested, teh name can be released (presuming it’s positive). The person can then get a hearing if he requests one. The name shouldn’t be published until the B sample is tested but this isn’t always the case and it the provisional suspension (after A sample) can often make it clear what’s happening if it happens near a big event.

If anyone is more sure of the details, please post them.

Did O’Mahony declare his TUE? If not he’ll probably end up like the rugby lad with a short suspension for being careless but won’t be regarded as a cheat. If he did declare his TUE then it would suggest that the test showed irregularities with theraputic use which he will have to explain to be proven innocent.

Would it shock you if someone who’d dive to get another player sent off would be willing to ake a bit more of his asthma medication for a benefit to his game? I don’t know how much of a benefit taking more of this stuff would be.

[quote=“HBV*”]if the lad has proof he is in any way ashmatic then the gaa needs a kick in the hole.
this is an amateur sportsman playing an amateur game, this should have been cleared up 100% with whatever outcome before the fuckers leaked it, its a disgrace.
for fuck sake its an inhaler, its not epo and its not something he was rubbing into his ankles to make himself jump higher[/quote]

it defo should have been cleared up by now, thats why my gut feeling says there is more to this than meets the eye