GGA Player Fails Drug test

[quote=“giuseppe”]In other sports, the person gets a hearing if they request one. AS far as I know, the procedure is A sample tests positive, player gets contacted. If he admits, he gets suspended. If he doesn’t (which is generally the case), he gets provisionally suspended (I think) while a test is done on the B sample (more indepth test I think). After the B sample is tested, teh name can be released (presuming it’s positive). The person can then get a hearing if he requests one. The name shouldn’t be published until the B sample is tested but this isn’t always the case and it the provisional suspension (after A sample) can often make it clear what’s happening if it happens near a big event.

If anyone is more sure of the details, please post them.

Did O’Mahony declare his TUE? If not he’ll probably end up like the rugby lad with a short suspension for being careless but won’t be regarded as a cheat. If he did declare his TUE then it would suggest that the test showed irregularities with theraputic use which he will have to explain to be proven innocent.

Would it shock you if someone who’d dive to get another player sent off would be willing to ake a bit more of his asthma medication for a benefit to his game? I don’t know how much of a benefit taking more of this stuff would be.[/quote]

you dont understand - he is a GGA player so it doesnt matter if he failed the tests - All GGA angels are angels(including the ones in the loyalist dog ring, the racists & the mysoginists)

why do ya’s bother lads…NCC is obviously winding you all up and you are taking the bait big style.

As mentioned before this is a nothing story - Lets move on

a player failing a drug test is a massive story - if he is cleared then its not a story anymore

[quote=“north county corncrake”]a player failing a drug test is a massive story - if he is cleared then its not a story anymore

[/quote]

unlike the others i wont take the bait !!

huh?

any thoughts on the shocking news about St Sylvesters?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]huh?

any thoughts on the shocking news about St Sylvesters?

[/quote]

PM me mate

Here lad, try some of this

http://www.mistrys.co.uk/images/images/FMIMC18_imodium_1538_new.jpg

It might help your gut and also sort out thae scutter coming out yer mouth;)

[quote=“padjo”]Here lad, try some of this

http://www.mistrys.co.uk/images/images/FMIMC18_imodium_1538_new.jpg

It might help your gut and also sort out thae scutter coming out yer mouth;)[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue:

I thought Martin Breheny was spot on today in the independent about this 'scandal. cant find it on the rte website tho

Breaking News

GGA player fails IQ test.

Did you try the Independent website at all tiger?

NCC, when O’Mahony is cleared of any wrongdoing, will you publicly apologise for exposing us to your minging gut?

IAN O’RIORDANO’MAHONY DOPING CASE: AIDAN O’MAHONY’S Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for salbutamol was “fully up to date” and “all in order”, according to solicitor Paul Derham yesterday, who then pronounced himself “more than optimistic” that the Kerry footballer would not be charged with any doping offence and instead be cleared of any wrongdoing.

Derham has also revealed that while the level of salbutamol in O’Mahony’s doping sample was marginally above the level permitted by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) - the 1,000 nanograms per millilitre of urine, even with a TUE - it was still wholly consistent with the inhaled, therapeutic use of the substance, and that they had the medical data to prove as much.

Derham took on O’Mahony’s case last Friday, when the player was first notified that a random doping test, which he was submitted to after the All-Ireland football final against Tyrone on September 21st, revealed an adverse analytical finding related to the use of salbutamol. The Cork solicitor also represented former Irish international rugby player Frankie Sheahan in a similar case involving salbutamol back in 2003, where Sheahan’s original two-year ban was reduced, on appeal, to just three months.

While Sheahan acknowledged he had “not properly declared his therapeutic need for salbutamol”, there is no such issue with O’Mahony’s case. The player released a short statement yesterday, through Derham’s offices of Daly Derham Donnelly Solicitors in Cork, in which he too claimed he was “absolutely satisfied that the level of salbutamol in my sample is wholly consistent with my therapeutic use of inhaled salbutamol”.

Derham last night expanded on the details of this, praising the Kerry County Board for having the medical conditions of all their players fully up to date and registered with the Irish Sports Council for the purposes of anti-doping. In the meantime, he awaits notification from the GAA as to when O’Mahony’s case will be heard by their anti-doping committee.

“Aidan’s Therapeutic Use Exemption was fully up to date, and everything all in order,” said Derham. "In fact, the Kerry County Board have dotted all the I’s and crossed all the T’s on all their medical matters. They are very up to date on this and have everything in order with the Irish Sports Council.

"The only situation here is that Wada have a cut-off point (1,000 nanograms per millilitre) above which the individual must show that this level is consistent with their therapeutic use of salbutamol. That is the nature of this hearing, to show the level is consistent with the therapeutic use.

“So it’s not a charge as such. And while it could develop into a charge, we are more than confident and more than optimistic that we can show from our medical data and from data from other cases that this level is fully consistent with the therapeutic use of salbutamol.”

However, it may take several weeks before the case is heard, particularly as it brings the GAA’s anti-doping apparatus into operation for the first time: “Well I certainly don’t think it will run into next year,” added Derham.

"But we do have some ways to go yet. We are waiting for the GAA to come back to us with a date for the hearing, and of course it is the first time that they have gone through this process, and I’ve no doubt they’ve quite a bit to get organised.

“So they’ll come back to us with their medical expert and we’ll see what he presents, what he has to say, and then we’ll bring our medical data and our evidence back based on that. It is quite technical and so there is still a bit to get through in that regard.”

Given his previous experience with a salbutamol case, Derham is clearly well versed in the subject, and is likewise aware of the increasing concerns why salbutamol remains on the list of banned substances.

“I’m well aware that the Irish Sports Council have made a number of submissions and reports to Wada over the last year questioning aspects of salbutamol being on the banned list, why it is still on the banned list, and wanting to get salbutamol taken off the list.”

However, just last month Wada released a reviewed list of banned substances, which comes into effect next January, and for now salbutamol remains a doping offence.

Statement from Aidan O’Mahony

"I HAVE suffered from asthma since childhood.

"I notified the Gaelic Athletic Association and the Irish Sports Council with regard to my asthmatic condition and the use of salbutamol by way of inhaler to treat this condition and I obtained from the Irish Sports Council a Therapeutic Use Exemption.

"I was randomly tested after the All-Ireland final on the 21st of September, 2008, a concentration of salbutamol was shown in my sample and I must now show to the Gaelic Athletic Association/Irish Sports Council that this finding was the consequence of the therapeutic use of inhaled salbutamol and I and my medical advisors are absolutely satisfied that the level of salbutamol in my sample is wholly consistent with my therapeutic use of inhaled salbutamol.

“I would be happy to meet with the press to give further detail once my hearing has been concluded and it would not be appropriate to give any further detail until after the hearing.”

2008 The Irish Times

God im losing it. dont know what I was thinkin looking at the rte website! anyway heres the link
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-players-should-not-be-treated-as-stringently-as-professionals-1544093.html

Belter! Tiger is by far and away my favourite poster on here. So many laughs!

Aidan’s statment omitted the following:

[B]I will fight this with every durty fithy stroke I have and every other durty dig I can resource. For any one to suggest that I suffer from asthma is an insult to me and the rest of my pack. The men of Kerry have played football with broken legs, split heads and fractured jaw’s. We are bred to swallow our own teeth and play on.

I share the same DNA markers that result in light headedness when in close proximity to match officials. This is a product of my birth place and animal Gene-Pool; and is a statutory right.

Suggestion or mention that I am accompanied by a puff will result in Legal Action.[/B]END.

Thats a very nice comment rock, thank you. I think i have a very low IQ:)

[quote=“giuseppe”]In other sports, the person gets a hearing if they request one. AS far as I know, the procedure is A sample tests positive, player gets contacted. If he admits, he gets suspended. If he doesn’t (which is generally the case), he gets provisionally suspended (I think) while a test is done on the B sample (more indepth test I think). After the B sample is tested, teh name can be released (presuming it’s positive). The person can then get a hearing if he requests one. The name shouldn’t be published until the B sample is tested but this isn’t always the case and it the provisional suspension (after A sample) can often make it clear what’s happening if it happens near a big event.

If anyone is more sure of the details, please post them.

Did O’Mahony declare his TUE? If not he’ll probably end up like the rugby lad with a short suspension for being careless but won’t be regarded as a cheat. If he did declare his TUE then it would suggest that the test showed irregularities with theraputic use which he will have to explain to be proven innocent.

Would it shock you if someone who’d dive to get another player sent off would be willing to ake a bit more of his asthma medication for a benefit to his game? I don’t know how much of a benefit taking more of this stuff would be.[/quote]

So you see how dangerous it is to use other sports to compare… take note of this paragraph from O’ mahoney’s solicitor:

The only situation here is that Wada have a cut-off point (1,000 nanograms per millilitre) above which the individual must show that this level is consistent with their therapeutic use of salbutamol. That is the nature of this hearing, to show the level is consistent with the therapeutic use.

“So it’s not a charge as such. And while it could develop into a charge, we are more than confident and more than optimistic that we can show from our medical data and from data from other cases that this level is fully consistent with the therapeutic use of salbutamol.”

[quote=“scumpot”]So you see how dangerous it is to use other sports to compare… take note of this paragraph from O’ mahoney’s solicitor:

The only situation here is that Wada have a cut-off point (1,000 nanograms per millilitre) above which the individual must show that this level is consistent with their therapeutic use of salbutamol. That is the nature of this hearing, to show the level is consistent with the therapeutic use.

“So it’s not a charge as such. And while it could develop into a charge, we are more than confident and more than optimistic that we can show from our medical data and from data from other cases that this level is fully consistent with the therapeutic use of salbutamol.”[/quote]

no offense but your not a pharmacist & you have an agenda

this muldoon failed a drug test - if there is a legitimate reason why he failed he will be cleared

And NCC, when he is cleared, will you apologise to the muldoon?

huh? he failed a drug test- im right to think he is a cheat - if he is cleared ill say he isnt a cheat -