GGA Player Power Part II

Just had a quick browse of a few threads, I reckon things have the potential to go a bit nuclear on here today. Bring it.

Myself and Bandage were just discussing this last week. I am aware of an occassion where Henry Shefflin, probably the most high profile hurler in the country, attended a function well outside his county and only asked for his petrol to be covered. Bandage said that same was the story with Eddie Brennan. Sean Og has an agent to take care of such matters.

So you know the man? More presumtions based on what? Something you heard down the pub? I am the same age as him, played against him, been on courses with him and have had him out to our club. I also know his agent who one of my best friends works for. Your talking through your hole as usual to try and make a point you know nothing about.
As it happens i wouldn’t agree with some of his politics, or the way things have worked out now with this Cork situation. Doesn’t mean i’d try and degrade the man.
Your starting to sound a bit like one of the dubs on here. Do you live in the capital? Might be rubbing off Mac.

No, he is not. He is a Carlow man who moved to Cork, played for Na Piarsaigh and then got to play for his adopted county. Happens a fair bit, particulary in the past. I don’t get your point. If you want every county to have their All-Irelands disregarded because a guy from another county played on the team then we’d all be in big trouble.

Eh?

What has that to do with anything? Someone has an inferiority complex.

but where does a player draw the line?..If you say yes to all of the requests you’re a fool…driving round Ireland in the depths of winter to dinner dances and presentations for people you’ve never met before and probably won’t again…all for a pat on the back…I could see why somebody would use a middle man in this case as it is a lot easier to say no…have never heard concrete evidence of Sean Og taking cash so will give him the benefit…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Eh?

What has that to do with anything? Someone has an inferiority complex.[/quote]

One thing Cork people have rarely been accused of. But no, i certainly don’t. It is the juvenile twisting of “stories” heard in a bar or whatever that i am comparing. Everyone seems to know about all the moneyy Sean Og makes for going to medal presentations. Yet when that rumour started it was about a completely different Cork player.

not saying that at all…i’m saying Meyler is as much Cork as any of them…Tompkins et al…

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]So you know the man? More presumtions based on what? Something you heard down the pub? I am the same age as him, played against him, been on courses with him and have had him out to our club. I also know his agent who one of my best friends works for. Your talking through your hole as usual to try and make a point you know nothing about.
As it happens i wouldn’t agree with some of his politics, or the way things have worked out now with this Cork situation. Doesn’t mean i’d try and degrade the man.
Your starting to sound a bit like one of the dubs on here. Do you live in the capital? Might be rubbing off Mac.[/quote]

I really am starting to worry about you this morning. As farmer has suggested maybe its an inferiority complex or you’re just in bad form this morning but I’d suggest going outside for a walk and some fresh air before you post anything more on here cos you’re taking whatever is wrong with you out on your keyboard at the moment. Stop being so paranoid and take this board for what it is.

So you have no evidence of Sean Og taking money for medal presentations. Thats grand, all i wanted to know. I’d be embarrassed if you came out with some evidence of this you see, as from what i believe and have experienced its absolute horse shit.
But it suits you to spout shite, so continue Mac. You seem especially balanced and honest with rugby, i enjoy that.:wink:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]
But it suits you to spout shite, so continue Mac. You seem especially balanced and honest with rugby, i enjoy that.;)[/quote]

well at least now you don’t have to worry about whats said about O’Gara…he’s from San Diego after all…:smiley:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]So you have no evidence of Sean Og taking money for medal presentations. Thats grand, all i wanted to know. I’d be embarrassed if you came out with some evidence of this you see, as from what i believe and have experienced its absolute horse shit.
But it suits you to spout shite, so continue Mac. You seem especially balanced and honest with rugby, i enjoy that.;)[/quote]

I’ve as much evidence as I’m sure you or anyone else has. As I dont work in Seans bank or stalk him on a daily basis I dont personally witness money exchanging hands but since I dont recall the allegation ever being disproved then I think I’ll hold my own opinion on it. I know plenty of inter county players charge for appearances so he’s no different to others. There’s no need for you to blow your top on the whole thing though.

Danny Culloty is as Cork as hamburgers and coca cola

:smiley:

and french fries…

Mac & Kev heading towards a feud- my money is on Mac

Why even mention Dublin though? What has that to do with anything?

Also if Sean Og isn’t taking any money then why has he an agent? I am not saying that he is taking money because I don’t know if he is for certain but it seems a little strange to pay a bloke (presumably he is paying him) to organise functions that you are not getting paid for.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Why even mention Dublin though? What has that to do with anything?

Also if Sean Og isn’t taking any money then why has he an agent? I am not saying that he is taking money because I don’t know if he is for certain but it seems a little strange to pay a bloke (presumably he is paying him) to organise functions that you are not getting paid for.[/quote]

Read Scumpots post he explains it very well. A lot easier to say no through an agent

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Why even mention Dublin though? What has that to do with anything?

Also if Sean Og isn’t taking any money then why has he an agent? I am not saying that he is taking money because I don’t know if he is for certain but it seems a little strange to pay a bloke (presumably he is paying him) to organise functions that you are not getting paid for.[/quote]

he is defo taking money for medal presentation etc - im 100% sure on that

Ah come on Carter. Do you really believe that?

How come Shefflin doesn’t have an agent then? He is more high profile than Sean Og.