Gigs coming up

What date are Beach House playing Iveagh Gardens, KP? Are tickets on sale?

Tickets on sale already…

20th July.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER, post: 742304, member: 166”]I didn’t farmer, no.

Has Forbidden Fruit been scrapped with the inauguration of this Longitude festival then? It’s a fair fucking line-up it must be said. The inverse of the Latitude festival I suppose? I await the day by day lineups before blowing my Ticketmaster voucher.[/quote]

Forbidden Fruit going ahead alright. I used to be in college with their festival booker and he is fairly pissed off about the announcement last night and the fact tickets are on sale just before they get their own show on the road on Thursday. Pretty similar set up and style of bands so will be interesting to see who FF have. Kraftwerk at Longitude is a must see for me but just a pity it’s on the Sunday.

Latitude not supposed to have any links with this one. Jim Carroll of the Times nearly had a meltdown on twitter last night that journos were more interested in drinking free beer than asking the questions he wanted answered. I assume MCD have barred him from such launches after he went to town on them after the Phoenix Park gigs last year.

Dexys in the Olympia in early May should be excellent. “one day i am going to soar” is one of the great comeback albums.

[quote=“Spidey, post: 742376, member: 289”]Forbidden Fruit going ahead alright. I used to be in college with their festival booker and he is fairly pissed off about the announcement last night and the fact tickets are on sale just before they get their own show on the road on Thursday. Pretty similar set up and style of bands so will be interesting to see who FF have. Kraftwerk at Longitude is a must see for me but just a pity it’s on the Sunday.

Latitude not supposed to have any links with this one. Jim Carroll of the Times nearly had a meltdown on twitter last night that journos were more interested in drinking free beer than asking the questions he wanted answered. I assume MCD have barred him from such launches after he went to town on them after the Phoenix Park gigs last year.[/quote]

I would have gone to Forbidden Fruit again only I’ve to work that weekend. Nice and accessible.
Excellent line-up for this longitude festival, I think I’ll do the three days though I won’t be around for the Sunday afternoon, should make the Kling Klang boys though.

I went to see Holy Other there on Friday night last in the Button Factory. He came completely on the recommendation of Raymond Crotty who also provided me with a ticket for the gig. I thought the music was decent enough, reminded me a lot of Burial, but Christ the gig was short. I wouldn’t say he played more than 5 or 6 songs. One of the highlights of the night was the appearance of therock66 in the Workman’s Club afterwards in a very intoxicated state.

That Forbidden Fruit line up is really dire imho unless some serious acts are added.

Got my Kraftwerk tickets.

Hoping there’s Blur tickets until I get paid tomorrow night…

Fr. Damo was completely wrong about them. An incredible band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495atmX_f3U

Blur? where? when?

IMMA, Kilmainham. August 1. Tickets on sale in 75 minutes.

Ennio Morricone playing Royal Hospital Kilmainham in July.

Farmer you’re a man of rare, refined taste. Do you think it will sell out quickly? The tickets are expensive and my two other go-to gigs this summer aren’t sold out (Blur and Neil Young & Crazy Horse). It could be ruined by bad weather. BUT…he could play the Giu La Testa/Duck! You Suckers! theme…which is without a doubt my all-time favourite piece of music of all time. If I missed a chance to hear that live with an orchestra conducted by the original composer I would never, ever forgive myself.

I would imagine they would sell out quickly Thrawneen. A world famous composer and musical scorer who has only recently scored Django Unchained which is a very popular film. I am going to try to get tickets anyway.

I convinced my good wife to get me tickets for my Birthday… I better check and see did she do it!

It has only recently come to my attention that Josh Ritter is playing Iveagh Gardens this summer. I will have to trot along to that and see can I rope someone into accompanying me.

Playing Limerick, Galway and Donegal too. Playing " Big Top" in Limerick. Is this at the racecourse? Or is there a festival on in the city in July?

The market, kid.

Cheers CM. Is there a series of gigs on there over the summer?