Gigs coming up

Went to Robbie Williams last night. Sound was poor enough.

What did you think of the show Fagan? I was also in attendance.

:eek:

With your other half?

With your other half?[/quote]

Correct

To be honest, I really liked life thru a lens era Robbie, and there was little enough of those songs so that kind of disappointed me. Sound was poor, stage was fantastic - if you like that kind of thing.

Not a gig.

I believe robbie lies somewhere between event and experience, dependant on your viewpoint

Neil Young had a breakdown on stage Saturday night. God awful gig.

Tickets secured for The National in November.

Couple of mates went to it-both said it was the worst gig they were ever at.

Couldn’t be any worse than the Guns & Roses gig I attended in 2010 when Axl walked off after 3 songs…

I was there myself although in body, not quite in mind.

Neil is a strange character. I’ve seen him twice…in Malahide in 2008 where he was fairly shite and then in 2009 at Glastonbury where he gave an absolutely brilliant greatest hits performance.

It was a Neil Young and Crazy Horse gig as opposed to a Neil Young gig. That was the problem I believe.

The RDS, the wind, the (and I do hate to use this term) “event-junkies”, the lack of a big screen (unforgivable really) and some lengthy amounts of feedback seem to be the main problems. I don’t understand how anyone could say he didn’t play enough “classics”, though. I count 8 out of the 13 songs played that I would consider Neil Young (&CH) classics. The last five tunes included Cortez, Mr. Soul, Cinnamon Girl ffs.

Wasn’t there myself as I swore off outdoor shows in Ireland years ago.

Specific details please, Flanchops.

Not wrong, no pleasure whatsoever to be had.

[quote="Thrawneen, post: 788056, member: 129"I count 8 out of the 13 songs played that I would consider Neil Young (&CH) classics. [/quote]

I could hardly name two.

I could hardly name two.[/quote]

If you don’t know these you’ve no business being at a NY & CH show.

1. Love And Only Love
  2. Powderfinger
  3. Psychedelic Pill
  4. Walk Like A Giant
  5. Hole In The Sky
  6. Comes A Time
  7. Blowin’ In The Wind
  8. Ramada Inn
  9. Cinnamon Girl
  10. F*!#in’ Up
  11. Mr. Soul
  12. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)

Cortez The Killer

I could hardly name two.[/quote]

Not a Neil Young fan.*

*That’s balbec I’m referring to, not me.