Gigs coming up

I was wondering what the queues were.

You are a good uncle.

Bringing my lad to his first gig next year. Twenty one pilots.

No idea. Never heard of him before yesterday but I am reliably informed that he is “bigger than Drake”.

:open_mouth:

I’m actually a legend.

1 Like

I heard a lady in the lift saying she Q’ed too. Was it on Henry Street? Is this a new thing Ticketmaster are doing? Can you queue at any outlet?

Not a new thing.

If you’re queuing at a kiosk you may as well be also be trying online on the phone while you wait

I was. In fact the sales agent advised us to do that.

I’m hoping for an extra date to be announced :grimacing:

I don’t know how you do it

6 Likes

Jervis. Not a new thing but it’s pot luck. You’ve no idea how many tickets they’ll have. No worse than online in that regard I suppose. Still how bad if you have fuck all better to do with your time.

Margaret Cash was ahead of me in the queue and she managed to get 8 tickets.

3 Likes

I find The Gloaming particularly underwhelming, despite liking some of them individually.

It seems like it’s phoned in a little for me

Forensic planning.

Did you wander off anywhere nice for breakfast?

1 Like

I wanted to get Tahini Paste and Anchoor (Mango) powder for a couple of recipes so I went into the Chinese Supermarket at the LUAS Stop.

Then I went to the coffee place at the Liffey St entrance of Armotts and had a flat white and a Portuguese custard tart. The coffee is very good there. After that I took a diversion down Henry Place to gaze at the bullet holes in the wall from 1916. That always moves me.

2 Likes

The sales agent said he believed one will be announced but not today.

I love Hayes and Cahill.

I have been raving about them on here for years.

They played themselves about a year back and mentioned that they appreciated that crowd way more than the bandwagon jumpers of the Gloaming attendees.

What’s their early stuff like?

2 Likes

Basically the fiddle and the acoustic with Hayes’s interpretation of old Irish jigs and reels.

Similar to the Gloaming in ways but without the bollox on the piano or any singing.

I’d say you were delighted with yourself with that little nod

Made my year!