Gigs coming up

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 795700, member: 24”]They have a new single out. Kim Deal has left the band.
[/quote]

Yeah, video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdSYPh5_BI

A different Kim on the bass. Kim Deal left the band last month.

I have a spare for the Pixies gig in Manchester.

Highest bidder gets it.

(The ticket that is,not B+B or a go on my missus).

Sidney and other Beady Eye fans

Beady Eye in The Olympia on the 7th November, pre sale tomorrow at 9am.

Anyone going to this? Was there 2 years ago on the Sunday & enjoyed it. Lineup is much more impressive this year.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1016885_10151512822851545_1767935507_n.jpg

A lad that I work with helps out with the running of this and could get me tickets for next to nothing. Line up wasn’t worth trekking to Mitchelstown though. Plus I have a wedding on the Friday that will run on for most of the weekend.

I heard there were 8 stabbings in the Phoenix Park last night at the Mumford & Sons gig.

Early reports are that they were all self-inflicted.

Heading to see Damien Dempsey and Glen Hansard play tomorrow evening. They’re supporting some chap from New Jersey who’s had a successful song or two.

Sinatra?

Jon?

What a fucking show. Damo was excellent. Hansard was average but finished with a superb rendition of the auld triangle with Damo. Then the 64 year old rocked the shit out of it for 3 hours and 15 mins finishing with an acoustic version of thunder road that’s possibly one of the greatest renditions of any song I’ve ever heard. He’s truly a fucking legend.

Go home now and lash your wife out of it.

Again?

Springsteen - Meh.

Any reports on Morricone? Thrawneen ?

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 807339, member: 24”]Springsteen - Meh.
[/quote]

Sigh

Any reports on Morricone? Thrawneen ?[/quote]
Check the gigs and festivals thread farmer.

Great to see all the posters that were falling over themselves pretending to be thrilled at the prospect of a couple of lads with violins didn’t actually bother going to this in the end.

These boys remind me of the Goth kids in south park :smiley:

:rolleyes:

Too expensive for me, I’m afraid. I was talking to some people who were at it last night afterwards in the pub. Nobody seemed particularly blown away by it. I also heard it was tarnished slightly by the usual drunken event junkies yapping away through it, which would’ve annoyed me no end.
I’d probably just rather listen to his CD on my couch some evening with a nice few glasses of whiskey.

Didn’t bother to go?! The thing was sold out after a couple of minutes.