Gigs coming up

Looking forward to Blur on Thursday, though sounds like tickets are selling slowly. As for Springsteen, I just donā€™t get himā€¦

Join the club.

How much was this again? Heard he only waved his arms and sticks for an hour or so.

Tremendous stuff.

:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg

Blur :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 808049, member: 24ā€]Tremendous stuff.

:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg
[/quote]

Tears in my eyes. Wonderful

Those films always remind me of Christmas they always showed the trilogy on utv they took about 4 hours with all the ads

+1

Song 2, the universal, tender, absolutely epic!

[quote=ā€œglasagusban, post: 811233, member: 1533ā€]+1

Song 2, the universal, tender, absolutely epic![/quote]

Did they play Country House?

Like REM and Shiny Happy People that will always be a stain on their career. An * if you will

*(once released a novelty record)

Socks in the frying pan are back in cruises tonight, itā€™s been 3 weeks since their last tour

[quote=ā€œdancarter, post: 811316, member: 122ā€]Did they play Country House?

Like REM and Shiny Happy People that will always be a stain on their career. An * if you will

*(once released a novelty record)[/quote]
Shiny happy people is a fantastic tune take that back

Up there with Come on Eileen and Maniac 2000 and 500 miles as a floor filler alright

Thatā€¦ and Charmless Man.

Why are you comparing that shite with an REM song,I think weā€™ll have to get farmers opinion on this

REMā€™s best song.

Has a 12-string guitar riff that Roger McGuinn of the Byrds would be proud of. Superb song.

Not their best, mind you. I ainā€™t much of a fan but they have some amazing songs.

Yes they did, a good tune, great fun. Park life was great fun also. Disagree on the asterisk, both for blur and REM. and shiny happy people is a great track.

While not a gig, I know a few people who post on here who are going to see The National in November and who might be interested in this http://onetwoonetwodublin.tumblr.com/

Looks good. The new album is absolutely brilliant. The definition of a grower. Pink rabbits is some tune

Blur were excellent, however I was surrounded by tards who were so annoying I genuinely wondered if it was an incredibly well crafted and executed practical joke. Took all my patience not to forearm one of them in the face.

I really donā€™t get the Bruce Springsteen cult either. I got tickets through work. I ended up selling them and watching Meath and Tyrone at home instead. He has literally played across the road from my house multiple times and I wouldnā€™t cross the street to go see him. In Kilkenny they had a Bruce Springsteen tribute band playing in Kytlers before Bruce on the Saturday. Lads going to him a few nights in a row and fitting in tribute bands in between. Utterly bizarre. A couple of my mates described me not going to him as sacrilegious. Iā€™m sure the reason he played Ireland so much this year is all about his love for Ireland and not the monetary benefits from wringing the towel on an overdeveloped market. Next year in the spirit of Spinal Tap and Pink Floyd, he is playing Newgrange.

I have a tricky schedule ahead. Iā€™m in the US for work next week[west coast] and Iā€™m landing in Dublin at 3pm on Saturday and immediately driving to Slane. It should be interesting. I may to set my alarm now for the Limerick Clare match on Sunday.