Gigs coming up

Off to see Mastodon in the Brixton Academy in January.

I see Scott Kelly is playing on tour with them

Great gig
Tivoli has its own unique charm

1 Like

Counting Crows knocked it out of the park tonight.

Pixies, Roundhouse in Camden, now

4 Likes

Great tits .

Enjoy the gig .

1 Like

Class. They’re brilliant every time I’ve seen them.

And what about the Pixies?

Wahey!

Tickets for Massive Attack and for the Specials go on sale Friday.

@Fran

The pixies ? How you rate the show ?

The show was excellent, sound great, just lashed out the hits, no bullshit pandering to the audience. Atmosphere was poor enough though. Middle-aged, middle-class brits are dry as fuck

1 Like

They don’t talk to the audience they just rip though the songs, I think they’re fuckin brilliant.

Did satriani do his mad guitar solo party piece, playing the guitar with a beer bottle and that craic?

Ah Christ!

3 Likes

Charles Thompson is milking the fuck out of the Pixies’ legacy.

He pretty much conceded that the reason they reformed was because he had kids going to college.

I saw them on the first reunion tour (04 I think) at Brixton Academy. Great show, but I haven’t brought myself to listening to a full Pixies album since.

Really odd post. I suppose other old bands that still play live are doing it for the love of it? Or is it not ok to go see a band once they are past their best? You get that being a musician is a job, would you rather they go work in tesco?

2 Likes

They must have played around the UK and Ireland every year since they reformed and twice some years.

Thompson pissed me off in Marley Park when he walked off stage mid-Debaser as he said his guitar was broken.

After that I saw them again in the Iveagh Gardens but when I saw that they were playing in Trinity less than a year later I thought enough for a while.

I saw them in the Phoenix Park on that tour. They were brilliant.

I was listening to Trompe Le Monde earlier. Probably their worst album pre break up but still an 8 or a 9 out of 10 for me.

You’ve now moved the goal posts and not answered the question.

His guitar was unplugged in marley park to get them off the stage and it was not in the middle of debaser you are making that up.

The iveagh gardens and trinity gigs were both summer, basically a year apart.

What a load of tripe.