Gigs coming up

I was at that gig

Sublime: the pixies & Groove armada
ridiculous/shite: the thrills & RHCP

Where did you hear that from?!

That was clear to everyone.

Good one.

Why would they unplug his guitar? He’s the rhythm guitarist. Surely it would make more sense to unplug satriani’s - the lead guitarist?

I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong, I recall he actually said something along the lines of “my guitar has been unplugged I guess that’s my cue to finish”, it wasn’t a walk off, and it definitely wasn’t mid song as you’ve made up.

It was. Early mid song maybe but mid song nonetheless.

It did not happen as you described and I think you owe Charles an apology.

You also didn’t respond to my query as to when it’s ok for a band to tour because it’s their job and they need to make money.

When did I say I ever had a problem with a band touring?

What I said was that Charles Thompson was milking the Pixies’ legacy. The 04 reunion tour was fine but then he reformed the band following an average solo career, delivered two poor albums and has toured constantly, mainly playing the greatest hits.

So you have a problem with bands touring playing their hits in general? All of them? At what point is it ok to reform and play the hits and when is it not?

The Pixies are a load of diddy.

1 Like

Ah here - I have said what I had to say. I am not going to get involved in semantics.

@Tassotti

Are you suggesting that Joe Satriani toured with the Pixies?

So you can’t back that up at all then. Grand.

No.

Are you saying he didnt?

Good.

Yes.

What is Farmer banging on about then?

Aire, Glas has him rattled about whether or not some lad’s guitar was plugged out before, early to mid, or mid-song at some piss-pot gig a while back.

1 Like