Gigs coming up

I was never into tne Stunning back in the day but having seen them a few times recently they do a really good set,
The Franks are just amazing :+1:

2 Likes

Anyone ever get balcony standing tickets in Vicar Street for a comedy gig? If so, how were they?

Tommy Tiernan? I was looking at them, I didn’t know there was balcony standing areas at vicar st until I was looking for tickets for him.

Yeah that’s it. I’ve sat in the balcony before but never put much spec on what the standing was like.

The 1975 tonight in 3 Arena. Going to be unreal

A load of kids streaming down through pretend IRA territory in that direction when I was leaving work. I briefly wondered what was on before being sidetracked by something else.

1 Like

The millennials Radiohead.

I was at their last gig here and the age profile was young. Two drinks at the bar limit etc.

The light show from Belfast opening night last night looks brilliant. Fuck it - it will be a great gig.

:eek:

Will the SoCoDu kids get their new LP? Every critic seemed to love it once the taste makers gave it the thumbs up. There’s one or two half decent songs on it but sounds like a lot of personal was used making it.

Never listened to them, any good @Fagan_ODowd?

All great music was written on drugs. This is his big heroin song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfKn-hlZwo

Exhibit A: Be Here Now

All your dreams are made when you’re chained to the mirror and the razor blade

I was ahead of the curve. Not for the first time.

They’re not on my radar pal. That should tell you all you need to know.

The 1975? Beyond shit. Poor man’s INXS.

They’re not that bad (as INXS).
They’re like what you get if you take all the music from the 80s, blend it, apply autotune and modern digital bells and whistles. All that said, they are as you say, a few good bits mixed in with a load of shite.

1 Like

Job done. I should have known when TUM was touting them.

By the way, it looks like aphex twin will be doing the festival circuit this summer.

1 Like

Great. He does a great live show.

I only ever saw him at forbidden fruit there last and it was mind blowing.

1 Like