Gigs coming up

Excellent show from Slowdive tonight

Did you travel down specifcally for it?

I did indeed. Less than an hour home.

Iā€™d travel up and down to Dublin a fair bit for gigs.

1 Like

Youā€™d be a long time waiting for any one decent to play Dundalk.

I drove to Morrissey in Vicar Street during the summer. First time I drove to a gig.

Mighty job. Drinking at gigs like that can be tricky in terms of missing songs anyway and it was great to walk out to the car and drive straight home afterwards.

1 Like

Iā€™ve driven to and from gigs for 20 years

1 Like

Since moving closer to Dublin, Iā€™d also regularly get a bus or train to and from a gig. But on a work night, I like to get home earlier.

Meatloaf shunned it for Drogheda.

@backinatracksuit might enjoy this

ā€˜Corkchesterā€™ and the sound of the ā€˜Lee beatā€™ in the city

1 Like

Nice article, that was my youth, we all drank in the Liberty with those lads, the sultans were a few years older but I was good pals with one of all their younger siblings, NOFs brother was one of the best, maybe the best, underage players in Cork,
My missus worked in the Liberty all through college, it was an incredible place, shut down as an unsafe building after a massive storm around Christmas in the early 2000s, Mick invited regulars to come in and drink it dry but I didnā€™t actually have the heart to go in, it nearly broke my heart

Great great days

The writer of that article wasnā€™t in the scene, pretty sure he went to college in Dublin, but his you Ger brother remains a great pal of mine

2 Likes

Tickets to see The Smile secured. 7th March 2024.

3 Likes

Cheers. Saw this and bought tickets for my older lad for Christmas.

1 Like

Theyā€™re excellent. Really looking forward to it. Youā€™re young fella has great taste.

1 Like

Heā€™s currently going through a Talking Heads and Nirvana phase.

4 Likes

Is that the lad with the great film taste as well?

The mother must have great taste in music.

4 Likes

Same fella.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nialler9/status/1726943467522478142?s=46&t=mqzTzgmAsmn_yRTvOWvmPg

If anyone hears of anyone selling one ticket for Damo Dempsey in the Olympia on the 19th, Iā€™d appreciate it if yaā€™s kept me in your thoughts. Cheers men :+1:t2:

1 Like

Donā€™t know if you use toutless but this is handy if you want to get notifications about the particular thread.

What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
In phpBB 3.0, bookmarking topics worked much like bookmarking in a web browser. You were not alerted when there was an update. As of phpBB 3.1, bookmarking is more like subscribing to a topic. You can be notified when a bookmarked topic is updated. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to a topic or forum on the board. Notification options for bookmarks and subscriptions can be configured in the User Control Panel, under ā€œBoard preferencesā€.

1 Like