Gigs coming up

Fair play to you for blocking out your daughter’s name but leaving poor Georgie in the spotlight. Fucking Georgie leading her astray…

Limerick rockers
@PhattPike @cowpat @backinatracksuit

HELMET in town tonight.

2 Likes

Exactly. Name and shame I say.

I’m out of town. Limk has had a fair share of decent hard rock / metal bands in the last few years.

1 Like

I’m heading to it. Should be rockin’. Caught them in Glasgow 7 or 8 years ago. They did Betty and Meantime albums in their entirety :metal:

I misse out on some cracking gigs in Limk. Carcass, CoC, Napalm Death etc just to blow the hĂ­pster cobwebs off me.

1 Like

Enjoy. Helmet are a band that never really crossed my radar when I was younger but do pop up on my Spotify every now and then. The algorithms are doing their work on the bands I “missed”.

Hopefully they get a good crowd for it.

First three or four albums well worth checking out.

If you are familiar with the band Battles, the drummer John Stainer was originally in Helmet but is long gone now.

1 Like

Fuck that was a great show. Finished with ‘Just Another Victim’ and ‘In The Meantime’.
Randomly bumped into nearly every head I knew from my years in Limerick. A friend living in Scotland years who recently battled the big C came home just for it. Can’t drink at moment but it was still a superb night. Voice gone from talking to folks.

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting it to be but Ash in Dolans last night was an absolutely fantastic gig, jeez they blew the roof off the place with some of the old stuff

4 Likes

I’ve caught them a few times live. Back in Dolans in 2000 and another time at some free show outdoors in Dublin. They’re a great live band. Know what the crowd wants and play the hits!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen them 4 or 5 times now but not in about 15 years, I really liked the early EPs and albums.
Thought they might be dialling it in but they were on top form
Kung fu followed by Girl from Mars was as good a one two punch I’ve enjoyed in years
I was pumpin sweat, was like coming out of Sir Henry’s circa 1996

2 Likes

Going to see them in Belfast on Tuesday

2 Likes

What big heritage acts 60/70/80s are playing Ireland this year? Gonna get tickets for parents for Xmas presents. Likes of eagles, Bob Dylan, elton john…

Sunno)))) in the NCH in March. Got my ticket. Saw them in the Button Factory a few years ago. Amazing live experience.

Also Seamus Fogarty in the Workman’s in March.

1 Like

By God. Thanks for the heads up. I may try and experience this.

1 Like

Tickets selling pretty quick. Don’t hang around. If you get a ticket, make sure you wear earplugs.

I was gonna ask you about this. My lugs never fully recovered from Sleep in Button Factory in 2012.

No I’m not messing. There was fellas nearly in tears the last time who hadn’t brought the earplugs. You’ll miss nothing.

1 Like

I saw Sleep doing Dopesmoker before. My insides shuddered. Phenomenal.

1 Like