Gigs coming up

If you’re driving they have car parks. There’s an oul queue to get out. If youre stuck park outside my gaff. 2k walk to the venue. Or just crash in @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy’s place. His afterparty will be off the hook. Loads of mushies and subsequent dreaming up of new active travel solutions.

1 Like

Will the main act really be on stage at 745? That seems crazy early

Thought that myself. Although it’s important that the likes of @Fat_Pox get their beauty sleep so id imagine there are some noise restrictions so theyre probably going early. Apparently take that was very low volume on friday.

1 Like

While that’s true, I was never hugely fond of the Morrissey solo material. Some decent bits here and there.

Marr seems an alright sort. Morrissey seems a prized cunt. If I’d to watch one live, it would be Marr.

1 Like

I’d disagree on that. Marr was involved in loads of bands and pretty much everything he was involved with was class.

Unless you leave early or are stood right at the back and leggings it as soon as it ends I wouldn’t rely on the dart home.

Ah its a mess if you’re not out immediately. You cant rely on it. If you’re not drinking, drive. If you’re not driving leave early. If you dont want to leave early, have an Uber booked for a location you know you can get to off the beaten path somewhat.

1 Like

Going to this myself. The Cork Limerick game on at 4 as well so will be chaotic around the northside.

Main acts usually come on around 9. All finished up around 10:30.

Park in one of the estates nearby if you choose to take the cager option

Millview or ard na mara or @Juhniallio

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1805609621232459908?s=46&t=mqzTzgmAsmn_yRTvOWvmPg

Such a cool thing. Marr played in Athy last night at the venue his parents first met

https://twitter.com/davidcoughlan_/status/1805713106858922316?t=M4VRzjJsKXrsF0LuOs-6RA&s=19

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/Johnny_Marr/status/1805762682978484520?t=NpEWFDKstkna3iC4HQ2ppQ&s=19

3 Likes

Finally, something worthwhile about Athy.

Thats a lovely thing to do and grand to be able to do it.

Going to LCD soundsystem shortly. Been listening to them for the last week or so a lot and despite a few decent tunes, i wouldnt be an outrageous fan. Having said that, im overcome with a giddyness. Giddy to meet up with a good few lads going, giddy for pints in the sun, giddy for an oul outdoor gig.
Despite this, i have the pre-fear. I had an oul fuck up recently, came home a little the worse for wear, woke the dog, woke the kids and even went for a bit of late night cooking, which is absolutely forbidden due to my propensity to fall asleep. This put a bit of pressure on my ‘sham of a marriage’ Trademark cc @Horsebox. I didnt log it on the teach an mhadra thread at the time, but it was a belter. During the fallout, the ever patient Mrs J identified the giddyness as a common factor on nights where i may lose the run of myself. I stress ‘May’. Anyway, tonight is one such night and im itching, itching for the off but trying to steel myself with the determination of a lad who will be returning with all the stealth of a middle aged, half pissed ninja.
Carpe Diem motherfuckers.

15 Likes

You might see me there. I’ll be the gimpy owl fella in the black ų-ziq T-shirt.

1 Like

That reads like a fierce cry for help.

In all seriousness, no one should be cooking drunk, far too many horror stories, worst of all was the Maher family in Port.

Air fryer though could be the saviour

2 Likes

I’ll see you there pal

1 Like

I’ll look out for the trademark cargo shorts and sunglasses on the head.

1 Like

I’ll watch out for that cunt too.

As an aside I saw a lad in cargo shorts and flip flops pedaling a cargo bike with a kid on board earlier. Flip flops on a bike was foolhardy I thought. Especially with a kid on board.

1 Like