Gigs coming up

I sold my ticket yesterday as I realised I donā€™t actually like LCD Sound system that much. Theyā€™re like the rapture on heroin. I also may have been jonesing badly after Liam on Monday and have a work do, Dublin match and Air coming up this weekend

Enjoy m8s.

1 Like

Well, well, well. I am also going to that gig so looks like itā€™ll be a TFK day out. I also have a mixture of excitement and fear but that happens now for every big night out. See you there @Juhniallio @Fagan_ODowd and @TheUlteriorMotive

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to Air as well. Not sure what Iā€™ll be wearing yet.

Savage. Everyone bring a permanrlent marker and see if you can write your tfk name on a fellow poster without him knowing. Cant see any possible downsides of being caught writing ā€˜Juhyā€™ on a randomerā€¦

2 Likes

Agreed. I still remember the night myself and @Rocko saved the lives of 2 posters on here. Although the RNLI probably wish we hadnā€™tā€¦

1 Like

Enjoy it auld pal @Juhniallio. A nice venue for an outdoor show. Mad auld queues for the beer last year. I walked in last year without a check from security whereas Mrs Cauli got the bag searched. Iā€™d fire a few drinks in the pockets heading in if you can. Ones you wouldnā€™t be too put out about if they were confiscated.

Old hand at it at rhis stage. A hoodie with a few miniatures in the hood is always a winner. Although not paying for the ticket and no taxi home softens the blow of a few quid on the pricey beerā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve my young lad with me - he refused to go to Liam Gallagher with me but was eager we wouldnā€™t miss this one.

IDLES are on before and worth getting in for

3 Likes

Ah yeah. We got the train down last year. Was knocking back the Heinomites nice and steady but before the gig the queue was fucking enormous and I ended up pure sober by the end of the night then.

Sounds like an intelligent young lad,

2 Likes

Young Fathers worth checking also.

LCD would seem a very of its time (circa 05/06) band for me in that Iā€™m not sure if the music has aged that well. Iā€™ve the first couple of albums but wouldnā€™t revisit them. I did catch them at an Electric Picnic (maybe 05?) and they were very good live then.

1 Like

Sound of Silver is excellent I think.

And Losing my Edge.

And Tribulations.

Iā€™d leave the rest.

We set controls for the heart of the sun
One of the ways we show our age

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t trade one stupid decision
For another five years of life

Cc @Juhniallio

2 Likes

As usual going to the both gigs. Weā€™ll know @Horsebox by his brown leather slip on shoes, @Juhniallio will be off his head on yokes, and Iā€™ll be the one hectoring people to #bekind.

2 Likes

Is my mate going with you?

Last two concerts Iā€™ve been at I got two pints during the support act and had them and after that didnā€™t drink. Couldnā€™t have been arsed with the standing in queues for plastic pints and then off to the jacks every half hour. Didnā€™t miss it.

2 Likes

Anyone need shrooms for the gig?

2 Likes

Been trying to force a last minute ticket on him without success.

I sense another teach and mhadra entry comingā€¦

Last few gigs I went to in Dublin City I drove.

Lovely feeling coming out after to a car and a drive home.

1 Like