Gigs coming up

If you go to these summer outdoor gigs and are interested in the music you have to go right up the front.

1 Like

Non stop chat the entire through the whole concert, absolutely painful. Fairly ruined for me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a cracking album.

1 Like

Not when Fiona is discussing Sophieā€™s secondary school options behind you.

8 Likes

This nails it. Didnā€™t matter what was on. Everyone on chat powder on their day out and unable to shut up. Worst crowd Iā€™ve ever come across.

1 Like

I was at Godspeed You! Black Emperor in Tripod a good few years back.

First 15 minutes amounted a stage practically in darkness and one of the band on his hunkers with arse crack showing and fiddling with a sound pedal with the rest of the band standing around.

People started to chat among themselves.

Others started giving out to the talkers but what they were listening to I donā€™t know. It was a case of listening to the notes they were not playing.

Even I had sympathy for the chatters. A bit wankerish of the band.

If you are at this craic you need to turn the sound up to 11 to make sure no one is given the option to talk.

1 Like

Like the MBV reunion I went to in Manchester in 08. The last 15 minutes. Had to pop earplugs in. You definitely werenā€™t get a chat in there

1 Like

Did you notice that neither of the Air lads said anything to each other and only stood near each other at the end when the drummer was in between them? I also thought coming on stage from separate sides of the stage was a bit odd.

I wonder if there something up there and theyā€™re doing the gigs because they need the cash. :thinking:

1 Like

Manic Street Preachers and Suede ā€œdouble headerā€ was very enjoyable last night.

4 Likes

Iā€™m down for Hozier this Friday in Marlay Park. Given the Euros games on I might swerve it

Great gig. Suede were amazing

1 Like

Paul Weller in the castle was much better than I expected, I wouldnā€™t be a big fan of anything since the Jam but it was very engaging, Jam songs the obvious highlights (start, thatā€™s entertainment and town called malice)
Met one of my oldest pals by chance who Iā€™ve known since I was a baby but fallen out of contact with, had some lovely pints of dark lager in Treaty city brewery which was almost the colour of stout

9 Likes

Ill second that. Great location for a gig of that size. He played a solid two hours. Very enjoyable even though it could have passed for a winters evening !
The amount of people talking and not even listening to music was alotā€¦we moved closer to the stage not long in !

1 Like

We were up the front all night, there was very little talk, some megafans around

Are ye heading to DJ Shadow Sunday @Fagan_ODowd and @glasagusban?

No. I had a ticket but I sold it as Iā€™m in Dunmore.

1 Like

Yep

Iā€™ll look out for the lad in the Limerick bucket hat so :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s a big day out all in all.