Gigs coming up

Reviews of the three Limerick Gigs seem to be

Paw Patrol - Excellent
Paolo Nutella - Dogshit, phoned it in apparently, disapointing because I saw him live one night and he was excellent. Thereā€™s some issue with his song rights or something so the songs were all different to how they were released.
Liam Gallagher - Meh. I was at that, but Iā€™ve no interest in him, just went for pints. Couple of lads I was with are big Oasis fans and seemed to have a great night so probably just not for me.

Great weekend in the city, place was buzzing all weekend with the gigs and the sport

1 Like

He did the same at EP last year. He was utterly shite. And even managed to make a solid shite of his main songs with remix versions. Absolute wank.

1 Like

Ya the sister was at it and said heā€™d be half way through songs and youā€™d realise it was one you knew but he was doing it weird

Thats exactly what happened with These Streets last year!

Just play the fucking hits you cunts, no one is here for anything else.

2 Likes

Was at this last night. Thought it was a very good show myself. Some fair headbangers at it though.

Ya like I said not my cup of tea, but others seemed to be enjoying it.

A lot of middle aged men in Oasis t-shirts that no longer fit and bucket hats and parkas on a grand summers evening. Great bang of weed off the place as well

3 Likes

Many plastic hooligans at it? Lads with the fake terrace chants? Then getting the bus back to Templeglantine afterwardsā€¦

I thought it was ok, sometimes it felt like I was forcing myself to enjoy it

Fade away was brilliant, that might be my favourite oasis song, a perfect vehicle for Liamā€™s voice,
The songs are very good but he seemed to be dialing it in

1 Like

One for the unpopular opinions thread but I think all big gigs are generally shit. Canā€™t see them or hear them properly, too many people etc.

The likes of Dolans or Whelans are the only place to go to a gig

Thought the colouredy video at the sides was doing a lot of heavy lifting for him. Cartoon Liam was much more enthusiastic

Iā€™m not generally a fan of outdoor gigs, primarily for sound reasons. However, if you get yourself towards the front, theyā€™re generally much better and you weed out a lot more of the chatterboxes.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s a particularly unpopular opinion. Indoor gigs are undeniably better I would say but greed dictates that certain gigs have to take place in the largest possible venues.

For me, if anybody describes a musical act as ā€œputting on a good showā€, I generally know itā€™s not for me.

I personally have no real interest in sideshows.

https://twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/1812769801032364333

3 Likes

I was at the gig last night and his opening night in Dublin. His voice was definitely a lot more strained last night, tired in parts. Still very enjoyable.

Am fucking regretting deciding on active travel though. Am ballbagged and have to cycle to train and home off the trainā€¦fuck

2 Likes

Depends a lot on the venue as well,
Malahide is a great venue for a big outdoor gig
The Blur gig there last summer was ten times better than Liam in Thomond park last night

Any outdoor gig where you are actually interested in the music you have to go right up to the front. To the carriers if at all possible.

Well fuck me pink, just in the door from kneecap in Galway. A mixture of Pogues, Public Enemy and early Clash. Brilliant

4 Likes

Get your Brits out get your Brits out