Gigs coming up

Fatboy Slim in Galway with Mrs Jones, she still has all the moves

2 Likes

PJ Harvey was absolutely sublime in Belfast tonight.

Pros: great set and performance. Spot up near the front. Parking spot two minutes from gig and car turned for home. And a lovely evening out with Mrs Cauli after a hectic month or so.

Con: outdoor gig that rained from start to finish. You canā€™t have it all.

7 Likes

Killer Mike in the Academy last night. As well as the DJ he had five unreal backing singers. Very different to run the jewels, much more soulful. Everyone on the stage looked to be having a great time. At the end of one song he stopped and said ok weā€™re gonna do that last bit again. Heā€™d spotted a 12 year old kid rapping along to every word and got him up on stage to do the song, kid was brilliant. At the end he said make sure he gets to the merch stand and gets whatever he wants.

4 Likes

Great show from Bonnie Prince Billy @farmerinthecity tonight. He was in great form

2 Likes

Ah Jesus - I missed that.

Where was he playing actually? Is that him done jn Dublin?

He was playing Limerick. Heā€™s two shows coming up in Dublin in NCH and Whelanā€™s. Whelanā€™s is sold out.

1 Like

I saw him in cork on Friday nightā€¦ didnā€™t know much about him or his music but thoroughly enjoyed itā€¦ he was telling a few stories between songs and seemed to be enjoying himself

Yeah, got chatting with the folks supporting them as my friend knew them. They said that last night was the first gig that was standing as opposed to sitting and they said that was a better vibe. Heā€™s changing the set each night, and heā€™s never repeating the same story. A real charming fella. Was hoping to be an actor before he became a musician and still does the odd acting role here and there.

2 Likes

In the 90ā€™s he was incredible. A complete one off which was impossible the categorise in terms of genre. His lyrics were disturbing, his music sparse and raw. The lads from Slint helping out as well.

I suppose I was more of a fan of his early stuff.

ā€˜How could anyone ever think that anything is permanent?ā€™

No way

2 Likes

Funnily enough.

1 Like

Phosphorescent gave a Tour de France in Whelans tonight.

1 Like

Coldplay put on some show last night. Different level of production than anything Iā€™d seen on that scale before.

1 Like

So - lights and stuff?

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t feel overly strongly about it but anyone that spends big money to go see Coldplay should just be shot

4 Likes

Didnā€™t seem much different from what they did 5 or 6 years ago.

No mention of the music or sound. Shur look itā€¦

But yeah, shiny.

Pixies last night were cracking. Come out, blast out U Mass, tear through about thirty belters and gone. Frank Blacks voice is as good as ever. Band look to really enjoy it. Santiagoā€™s guitar sole on Vamos is class and different every time he does it, played it with his cap last night. RDS Simmonscourt is a great venue, sounds is class and I think itā€™s the metal roof but the noise from the crowd singing along is louder.

2 Likes

Hadnā€™t seen them live before.

Music was good. Well suited for big crowds/stadiums. Chris Martin surprisingly charismatic despite the always cheery right-on personality.