Gigs coming up

On average one in ever 25 people in Ireland is in possession of a ticket for Garth Brooks.

Snow Patrol are a band it is “cool” to hate

I think they are great but then music is subjective

The side project Tired Pony is not bad either.

Kind of people who watch and participate in Operation Transformation

I’ve never seen that show, but isnt it about losing weight and getting healthy?

ostensibly yes but I think it is more about mass participation in a public event/telling your mates you are doing it/publically doing it

I reckon not much weight loss is sustained/lifestyle changed by it or else it wouldn’t be on every year as we only have an adult population of 3m

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 895268, member: 2272”]ostensibly yes but I think it is more about mass participation in a public event/telling your mates you are doing it/publically doing it

I reckon not much weight loss is sustained/lifestyle changed by it or else it wouldn’t be on every year as we only have an adult population of 3m[/quote]
I’ve seen some Clubs run their own versions of this and it seems to be a great hit. If it in any way helps healthier lifestyles I say let em on.

You are some hypocrite. Blowing on about drinking and smoking like you were the fucking Marlboro Man.

Everything in moderation my fiery friend, everything in moderation, including moderation.

Not with TFK posting of utter useless rubbish though, no moderation there, unfortunately.

TENSIONS ran high in Limerick this Thursday morning as fans, some who had queued for days, failed to secure tickets for the sold-out series of Garth Brooks concerts in Croke Park.

Gardai maintained a presence from early morning outside Gleeson’s Sports Scene on Mulgrave Street, Limerick’s Ticketmaster outlet, as hundreds of fans queued for days to secure tickets for the Oklahoma superstar.

However, reinforcements were subsequently called as fans voiced their disquiet and were left devastated at failing to secure tickets.

The ‘Comeback Special’ concerts, catering to around 240,000 fans, sold out in 90 minutes, with fans who had queued for days left in low places as they failed to secure any.

Only the first 40 or so people in the queue in Limerick secured tickets, with angry scenes breaking out among those left ticketless who believed they had been “promised tickets”.

There was no violence or scuffles among the fans, who dispersed in minutes, but anger was expressed.

“People are tired, they are angry, the weather is crap, and we were told that we would all get tickets, that there was no problem with tickets and then we were told, sorry, they are all gone,” said Clare Keating from Mungret, who said she queued for “15 or 16 hours”.

“We could just see people getting angry, and the tensions were getting high,” she added.

Michael Leonard from Fermanagh, who lives in Clare, said: “We were told to hang around, and if we did long enough, the tickets would be printed and we would be sold them. Then they came out and said there was none left. So what are we meant to do?”

Steve Gleeson of Gleeson’s Sports Scene, said he had “every sympathy” for the fans left disappointed.

“We couldn’t access the system until 9am this morning,” he explained. “It is not like we physically have the tickets in the shop, we don’t, and all the Ticketmaster agents around the country are accessing the same system. So it is only as quick as we can print off, that we can actually get our hands on the tickets.

“I have every sympathy for them, but we asked people not to queue. Some people are there since Tuesday lunchtime. We didn’t want people queuing, we didn’t want them going through the hardship of it, but people did queue and I have every sympathy for them on it. Unfortunately we could only get our hands on what tickets we could get our hands on.”

I know, we all thought you’d post less when in Australia, but no luck sadly.

South side, thankfully (journey wise)

Pressing the dumb button wouldn’t do this justice.

Ya fuck anything else.

No it’s about fat ugly cunts who are also exhibitionists

Can’t wait to see Garth play Croker in July. I’ve always been a big fan of his. One of the pioneering British rappers of yesteryear. Shouldn’t be forgotten that were was a lot of musical talent in those Tottenham teams of the 80s - Ossie Ardiles, Glenn Hoddle, Chris Waddle and of course Gazza helped to make that football/music fusion a key player in the English popular culture of the time. I can still remember buying Crooksie’s classic single “My Name Is Garf’” as a seven year old, and I can still remember the lyrics well:

I used to play for Spurs
Took a lotta racial slurs
Played up front at da Lane
But I never played in Spain
Like my mate Archibald
To Barcelona he got called
Never went to Argentina
like Ardiles and Villa
won two FA Cups
took the downs with the ups
but playin’ with that cockerel
on my chest was my dream
we were the team, supreme
always lit up the scene
I never wimped out or hid
cos I was proud to be Yid
not afraid of those bigger
cos I’m a motherfuckin nigga’
can walk ‘fru Broadwater Farm
and never come to no harm
You know the Tottenham riot?
It was me that made it quiet
I was down with Winston Silcott
when he got framed for killin white cops
and when they write the history
there won’t be no mystery
they’ll be buyin’ da books
everywhere that you look
they tried to shake me
but I ain’t shook
with my rhymes and my hooks
YEAH I’M GARF CROOKS

I’m a real crook and my name is Garf’
In the Norf’ London Crooks scene I’m top of the graph
Got respect from all sides, I don’t do things by half
Think you’re harder than me? Yeah you’re havin a larf’

I don’t watch it, I wouldn’t know, but I’ll take a viewers word for it if so?

People who are always starting to train or on a diet and tell everybody about it but never lose weight.

I knew someone who featured on it. He was a fat ugly exhibitionist, and he fell in love with Kathryn Thomas.

They will probably run some liver fluke treatment ads during Garth Brooks inevitable appearance on some RTE chat show.