Gigs coming up

I was at a gig upstairs in Whelans last week, there were about 25 people in the place and there was a fireplace, which was something of a Brucie Bonus.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Ok Larry. Very similar to Whelans. Very small. You feel as if you are almost on stage with the band.

Sound isnā€™t great though but better than Whelans I would say.

Manus - they kicked off with Kennedy and it was looking good. Then Gedge lost interest.[/quote]

Shame that,mind you,they must be knocking on a bit now.
Theyā€™ve been around 20+ years,probably a bit jaded or just sick of it.

Iā€™m in love with a football hooliganā€¦

What do you think about my manifesto?

Thanks,Armitage Shanks!

Morrissey to play Salthill, Galway next April. You had to sneak into my room just to read my diary, it was just to seeā€¦

Franz Ferdinand playing Dolans Limerick and The Olympia the end of February. The Dolans gig sold out there in 10 mins.

OCS were class. One of the best gigs Iā€™ve been at.

OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS

Ya they were quality last year as well. the Olympia is a savage venue for gigs as well.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS OCS

Ya they were quality last year as well. the Olympia is a savage venue for gigs as well.[/quote]

Just the fact that they give it socks is enough. Great buzz about it. The 2 tickets last night cost me what 1 ticket to watch them tools from Manchester in Slane would have cost. I know which one Iā€™d prefer.

One of the guys who used to be in the Revs was one of the support acts last night. His name was Rory Gallagher - weird coincidence. He was pretty good too. Didnt even realise the Revs had broken up.

The Revs - now theyā€™re one for the ā€˜Where Are They Now?ā€™ thread. I remember thinking they were utter scutter when they arrived ā€˜on the sceneā€™.

Agree with Mac, one of the best gigs Iā€™ve been to. There was a great atmosphere from the start and Riverboat Song was a great tune to open with.

Who was the second support act? Didnā€™t think he was great but the Gallagher lad was decent.

Alabama 3 in Loughrea tonite. Headin in now. Other than exile in Coldharbour lane, cant say I know too much of them. Should b good though.

You donā€™t dance to techno

so sad since you let go

You donā€™t dance to techno anymore. :smiley:

What date is The Pogues on lads? I had Monday, 22nd in my mind but someone, possibly Tipper, told me it was on Sunday. Whatā€™s the deal? Need to make a few plans here.

Monday night as far as I know. Pogues pre-xmas gigs always seem to be on 22nd from what I remember.

Did they play the hitlist?

Some great stuff in there, blown away, riverboat song, profit in peaceā€¦Robin Hood is my all time favourite song.

Saw them in the Olympia years ago as well they were brilliant

saw OCS in what used to be preachers in Waterford about 4 years ago, and it was a savage gig, played all the classics, big sing along, met them afterwards and they were bang on.

Forget Tipper.

It is Monday 22nd December.