Gigs coming up

The public wants, what the public gets

Arcade Fire are brilliant live, very enjoyable. Pearl Jam were their usual excellence an very rocky. Rock in’ in the Free World with the AF lead man was as good as it gets. Disappoint ly due to over fussy and rule driven Aussies they were not allowed out for a final encore which usually included baba o Reilly and yellow Ledbetter.

@farmerinthecity - do you like The Lumineers. They were the find if the festival for me.

Was standing next to Eddie Veddar and Matt Cameron for Mud Honey. Both are smaller than expected.

He must be pushing on €20million from Dublin alone. Say he pays €10m in expenses, that’s still not bad for 4 days work.

He might not have to bother with the world tour after this.

Kev, the Lumineers are huge and had “the” song of 2013.

Blackstar are playing in London in March which I was mad to pop over and see but tickets sold out the same day it was announced. Bollox.

Cool story.

Not really. But cooler than the last rake of pages of Garth brooks discussion.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 897555, member: 332”]He must be pushing on €20million from Dublin alone. Say he pays €10m in expenses, that’s still not bad for 4 days work.

He might not have to bother with the world tour after this.[/quote]
How much revenue will Garth generate for the Irish economy would you estimate? This could seal our economic recovery in one foul swoop :clap:

Hey.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 897590, member: 180”]Hey.
[/quote]

It goes to show how much a backwater Australia is when it comes to music.

All they have is shite cover bands, that was probably some band called Pearl Marmalade he was at. Those Silverchair cunts are probably still big out there.

A clucking good cover this of the Lumineers btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPftVQwyPs0

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 897594, member: 180”]All they have is shite cover bands, that was probably some band called Pearl Marmalade he was at. Those Silverchair cunts are probably still big out there.
[/quote]

I was trying to think of their name to include in the previous post

Nick Cave.

John Tombolo

They are right. Take out a few exceptions it’s a dreadful country musically.

I had heard of the lumineers, and indeed “the” song was on about, but it belies the rest of their music. Never put the song and their name together, I tuned out as it’s completely overplayed.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 897594, member: 180”]All they have is shite cover bands, that was probably some band called Pearl Marmalade he was at. Those Silverchair cunts are probably still big out there.

A clucking good cover this of the Lumineers btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPftVQwyPs0
[/quote]

Jesus that’s a stupid post.

Splendid backtracking :smiley:

Upgraded to retarded.

MBB thinks Pearl Jam and Arcade Fore are Australian.

‘Eh of course I knew who The Lumineers are, yea I so totally did, it was the other songs I was referring to, yea thats the ones, all those other songs from that little know album thats sold over a million copies in the US alone and was nominated for multiple Grammy awards’

:smiley: