Gigs coming up

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 897607, member: 273”]They are right. Take out a few exceptions it’s a dreadful country musically.

I had heard of the lumineers, and indeed “the” song was on about, but it belies the rest of their music. Never put the song and their name together, I tuned out as it’s completely overplayed.[/quote]
Yeah I agree, Australia is shite for bands. But Nick Cave more than makes up for the lack in my opinion. He is fucking awesome.

Will ye lot fuck off out of the Garth Brooks thread

:mad:

The Lumineers are sugar sweet shit.

I know very little about them mate.

The Go Betweens.

INXS weren’t the worst either.

Crowded House.

I am personally not a fan but a lot of people like AC/DC.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 897644, member: 24”]INXS weren’t the worst either.

Crowded House.[/quote]

Thought Crowded House were from New Zealand.

They were formed in Australia anyway.

Some New Zealanders, some Aussies, formed in Australia. Near the end there was a few yanks in the line up. Seeing as New Zealand and Australia are practically the same place, I think we can let Farmer slide on this one.

I may have said this before but one of the bridges in Brisbane is named after that band -pretty clever

This was the most poplular song here last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_1HMAGb4k

4 bands in 4 decades is screaming out cultural backwater.

and Oireland?

u2- middle of the road shit
the script?

thats it isnt it?

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 897669, member: 80”]and Oireland?

the script?

thats it isnt it?[/quote]
Eh, Bressie?

Ever hear of Cardinal mate?

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 897669, member: 80”]and Oireland?

the script?

thats it isnt it?[/quote]
Microdisney, Therapy, Ash, the Frank and Walters, the Fatima Mansions, Rory Gallagher, Van Morrison, the Chieftains, Stiff Little Fingers, the Blades, The Undertones, the Divine Comedy,…

No.

never heard of any of them mate. do they play that didley aye shit that the oirish seem to love

No mention of that pleb Damien Dempsey :clap:

Dreadful omission of Glen Hansard :frowning: