Gigs coming up

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 983792, member: 24ā€]I saw them before Christmas and I thought they were very good.

I find myself going back to the first 8 songs of Boxer a lot.[/QUOTE]

I was at that gig and the were excellent.

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 983711, member: 686ā€]Going to see The National in the Arts Festival Big Top Wednesday night.

Has the makings of a great gig. :pint:[/QUOTE]

Savage stuff in the tent tonightā€¦ hated missing that hurling game but the performance from The National was worth itā€¦ For a band with such a dark vein running through their material they sure know how to entertain a crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7pSLvyTwYo

Just booked tickets for Interpol in the Olympia for next February. I used to really like these chaps back in the mid 2000s when I was a budding young businessman. As an aside, itā€™s a pain in the hole that tickets go on sale so far in advance.

Good move pal. Antics was a wonderful album.

El Pintor is their latest offering, it debuts on September 9thā€¦ It will be some form of silver lining for you after losing the AI final 2 days earlier.

From the new albumā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u6DvRyyKGU

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 985596, member: 686ā€]Good move pal. Antics was a wonderful album.

El Pintor is their latest offering, it debuts on September 9thā€¦ It will be some form of silver lining for you after losing the AI final 2 days earlier.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed The National by the way, pal. I was going to head to them en spec on Saturday in Dublin - I didnā€™t purchase tickets in advance as I donā€™t make any definite plans when Wexford are still in championship action. And now Iā€™ll be in Nowlan Park instead. Imagine being at some diddy concert or abroad on holidays or something while that Wexford Park epic was unfolding last weekend (cc @stevie G).

Slint were incredible in the Button Factory tonight.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 922859, member: 24ā€]Iā€™m off to see the Bush.

:pint:[/QUOTE]
What night are you going farmer. Got rave reviews last night.

Iā€™m there 16th September. I feel a bit of a fraud as I would not know as much of her stuff as others not going but fuck it, itā€™s often been the other way around.

It was the same with the Nationalā€¦ youā€™re one of these event junkie types, arenā€™t you??

Yerra donā€™t worry about that. Iā€™d love to be going and I am a long time fan, but it nearly means as much to me that a music lover like yourself will get the opportunity to experience her live, as Iā€™ve no doubt youā€™ll be a devotee afterwards. She didnā€™t play Wuthering Heights, but she did play a couple of songs from a superb recent album 50 Words for Snow, including Misty, which is as good as anything sheā€™s ever recorded.

The Killers at Oxygen next year.

Whoop! Canā€™t wait!

I am spoofing as I go along mate.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1007306, member: 24ā€]The Killers at Oxygen next year.

Whoop! Canā€™t wait![/QUOTE]

What time are you arriving in Limerick Saturday? I wonā€™t be around for post match pints as iā€™ve a match myself Sunday morningā€¦

Iā€™m an event junkie, but I also value my life.

Limerick is probably the safest City in Ireland, you schmuck. Unless youā€™re worried about the utter muckmen from Mayo and Kerry that will be in attendanceā€¦

Your Munster chum that kicked the fuck out of Bandage will see you right in any event.

Youā€™re not going then?

As if a lad from Leitrim ever flew on a plane.

Iā€™m in very self deprecating humour today.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1007384, member: 24ā€]As if a lad from Leitrim ever flew on a plane.

Iā€™m in very self deprecating humour today.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone else figure this cunt out.