Gigs coming up

So I have tickets to the Kate Bush show tonight in Hammersmith.

:(:mad:

My mate bought the tickets initially and he is named on the tickets. In order to counteract touts, the venue is demanding photo ID of the person named on the tickets in order to gain entry. My mateā€™s Dad is very sick at present so he rang me yesterday to say he couldnā€™t go. Naturally I said that was fine and I got another friend to take his place, change the flight details etc. Of course we are now in a quandary in that my mate who is named on the tickets wonā€™t be there. From doing research on her initial gig, it appears that the bouncers refused to let anyone in without the photo ID regardless of any reasons. I also read a story about a lad who saw this problems months back and tried to get in contact with every person he could think of (including Kate) to explain the situation (he was based on the States an bought them for his parents but in the rush to get them mistakenly forgot to uncheck the box to have his name on his ticket) but everyone basically said tough shit.

I have my mateā€™s passport to see if I can get in like that. My other mate is currently trying to contact the venue to see if the situation can be explained. Needless to say we will talk to the bouncers. But at this stage it is looking very unlikely that weā€™ll get in.

Itā€™s annoying as we havenā€™t tried to cheat anyone yet find ourselves in this situation.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1017505, member: 24ā€]So I have tickets to the Kate Bush show tonight in Hammersmith.

My mate bought the tickets initially and he is named on the tickets. In order to counteract touts, the venue is demanding photo ID of the person named on the tickets in order to gain entry. My mateā€™s Dad is very sick at present so he rang me yesterday to say he couldnā€™t go. Naturally I said that was fine and I got another friend to take his place, change the flight details etc. Of course we are now in a quandary in that my mate who is named on the tickets wonā€™t be there. From doing research on her initial gig, it appears that the bouncers refused to let anyone in without the photo ID regardless of any reasons. I also read a story about a lad who saw this problems months back and tried to get in contact with every person he could think of (including Kate) to explain the situation (he was based on the States an bought them for his parents but in the rush to get them mistakenly forgot to uncheck the box to have his name on his ticket) but everyone basically said tough shit.

I have my mateā€™s passport to see if I can get in like that. My other mate is currently trying to contact the venue to see if the situation can be explained. Needless to say we will talk to the bouncers. But at this stage it is looking very unlikely that weā€™ll get in.

Itā€™s annoying as we havenā€™t tried to cheat anyone yet find ourselves in this situation.[/QUOTE]
Donā€™t Give Up

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1017505, member: 24ā€]So I have tickets to the Kate Bush show tonight in Hammersmith.

Itā€™s annoying as we havenā€™t tried to cheat anyone yet find ourselves in this situation.[/QUOTE]

If only you could make a deal with God and get him to swap the namesā€¦

ā€˜The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been madeā€™.

Itā€™s not as if you like her music anyway. Can hardly be that big a deal for you.

I wouldnā€™t say at all that I donā€™t like her music, itā€™s just that I wouldnā€™t know as much as others.

Read posts correctly in future or perhaps improve your intelligence.

Isnā€™t this just an occupational hazard of being an event junkie farmer?

Ask Bart for advice on this predicament on Facebook.

Here farmer how was the gig.

I wasnā€™t impressed at all Fagan.

She played only about 6 songs in total, which did include the excellent Running Up That Hill and Cloudbusting.

Three quarters of the show was made up of performance art, such as her dancing and hugging a dummy, lads with torches pushing her around the place and blokes dressed up as fishes. There is nothing wrong with that of course, if that is what you paid money to expect but I donā€™t think many would have been expecting such a massive chunk of the show to be made up of that.

Also there was no sign of any strings for Cloudbusting which was disappointing given her bollocking about in other areas in her bare feet.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1018229, member: 24ā€]I wasnā€™t impressed at all Fagan.

She played only about 6 songs in total, which did include the excellent Running Up That Hill and Cloudbusting.

Three quarters of the show was made up of performance art, such as her dancing and hugging a dummy, lads with torches pushing her around the place and blokes dressed up as fishes. There is nothing wrong with that of course, if that is what you paid money to expect but I donā€™t think many would have been expecting such a massive chunk of the show to be made up of that.

Also there was no sign of any strings for Cloudbusting which was disappointing given her bollocking about in other areas in her bare feet.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like she was casting pearls before swine, the poor girl.

Getting tickets tomorrow morning for The Manics playing The Holy Bible in its entirety at the Olympia on December 13th.

Canā€™t fucking wait for that show.

For the nth year in a row I failed to get tickets for Glastonbury. I was sitting in my pyjamas at 9oclock yesterday morning furiously hitting F5 until the notice that the tickets were sold out went up at 9.26. Thatā€™s it for me and Glastonbury. I wonā€™t be trying again.

They will release moreā€¦ they always do.

Keep an eye on the efestivals forum over the months of April and May

The October sale is a farce. About a million poeple trying to get 160,ooo tickets. I have been to 4 Glastonburys and I never got tickets in October. It was ALWAYS during the re-sale in April. They release small batches of tickets even after April so anybody who really really wants to be there usually gets one.

I went to see Elton John in the Krakow Arena tonight. A very good show. He played for 2 and a half hours almost without a break. All the greatest hits. The acoustic wasnā€™t great.

I got tickets for Mos Def last week.

When is he on?

24 Nov. Canā€™t wait.

Just booked it. My first night back in Ireland and Iā€™ll be watching some New York\Caribbean culture. Kinda ironic.

Anyway, see ya there glass. Thanks for tip off