Gigs coming up

Elton returned the favour by providing the liner notes for the cd twofer re-issue of Holland and Carl and the Passions, two criminally overlooked Bb albums.

tongue in cheek Farmer and Glas, blimey.

I don’t think there’s been a more retarded poster on here than this fella, maybe that beautiful city lad but I think he was a wind up.

me or glas?

Glas of course. Apart from your Glen Whelan bias, you’re a-ok by me pal.

You MAY have buried a few girls in the Wicklow Mountains,pal, but, fuck it, who’s perfect. I’m fond of you too, mate.

Just in from the Bryan Adams “Reckless” concert. A good show. Played about two and a quarter hours. The first half very good based on the album. The second half more of the 90’s ballads.

Did he play Don’t worry if the sun don’t shine or the Robin Hood song?

How did Run to You sound? A classic choon

He did the Robin Hood one.

Note perfect.

The Manics were fairly fucking great the other night. Intense stuff.

The Libertines have announced that they will take to the stage at Dublin’s 3Arena on July 9, with tickets on sale this Friday, February 6, at 9am.

The concert will mark the band’s first date in Ireland in nearly 10 years.

Tickets are priced from €49.50 including booking fee and can be purchased from Ticketmaster from 9am, Friday February 6.

[QUOTE=“Phil Leotardo, post: 1085395, member: 197”]The Libertines have announced that they will take to the stage at Dublin’s 3Arena on July 9, with tickets on sale this Friday, February 6, at 9am.

Tickets are priced from €49.50 including booking fee and can be purchased from Ticketmaster from 9am, Friday February 6.[/QUOTE]
The Libertines or The ‘Libertines’ ?

Julian Cope

Whelans

April

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1085419, member: 24”]Julian Cope

Whelans

April[/QUOTE]
I think the last time I saw Julian live was in the main hall of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham In 1993.

I saw him in Tripod a couple of years back.

He has a nasty habit of butchering his best songs live - seemingly intentionally.

He is still worth seeing - the mad bastard.

[QUOTE=“Phil Leotardo, post: 1085395, member: 197”]The Libertines have announced that they will take to the stage at Dublin’s 3Arena on July 9, with tickets on sale this Friday, February 6, at 9am.

Tickets are priced from €49.50 including booking fee and can be purchased from Ticketmaster from 9am, Friday February 6.[/QUOTE]

The popularity of these lads amazes me. One half decent album. The tabloid heroin profile of Doherty is obviously a big draw.

Music for wannabe hipsters like @ChocolateMice.

Hozier’s Sydney gig sells out in 3 minutes.

Metro should be a relatively intimate gig (holds 1 or 2k) but surely the Hordern would have been a more suitable venue…actually fuck it, I got my tickets and that’s all that matters.