Gigs coming up

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1086936, member: 2812”]Hozier’s Sydney gig sells out in 3 minutes.

Metro should be a relatively intimate gig (holds 1 or 2k) but surely the Hordern would have been a more suitable venue…actually fuck it, I got my tickets and that’s all that matters.[/QUOTE]

Hi Chucks,
how did the Wicklow lad get established over there? Or will the crowd be all Irish?

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1086977, member: 129”]Hi Chucks,
how did the Wicklow lad get established over there? Or will the crowd be all Irish?[/QUOTE]
Howya,

It wouldn’t be too hard to round up a coupla thousand paddys from Bondi for the gig.

Having said that, the exposure he got from performing at the Victoria Secrets fashion show would have been massive. It’s been broadcast and replayed to death on TV. Also, in their continuing desire to be mini-Americans, a lot of Aussies have seen him on Letterman & Ellen and have deduced that they should go to his gig.

I hate Hozier

I am liking Swedish bands at the moment

Urban Cone
The First Aid Kit
And
abba

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1087030, member: 2272”]I hate Hozier

I am liking Swedish bands at the moment

Urban Cone
The First Aid Kit
And
abba[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry. I thought this was the “Gigs coming up” thread.

Yeah, let’s talk about your Scandi fetish for a while…

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1087032, member: 2812”]I’m sorry. I thought this was the “Gigs coming up” thread.

Yeah, let’s talk about your Scandi fetish for a while…[/QUOTE]
Let’s talk about your inconsequence cunt flaps.

I got this reply during a meeting earlier and I was irritated, no, seething I was. The whole day in fact. But now it’s half past twelve, and I’m watching the late show in my flat all alone and the rage has regressed.* I can see how I upset you. I apologise.

• There’s an Abba lyric in there for you, you self-indulgent prick.

[ATTACH=full]2349[/ATTACH] Going to see this crowd in Manchester on Wednesday week. Really looking forward to it though a cunt annoyed me there when he said that it was a long way to travel to see a Springsteen tribute act.

Are they playing dublin fagan?

No, tabby that’s why I am going to Manchester. They are playing the Electric Picnic but I wouldn’t be able for that.

You most certainly would. You’d enjoy it I’d say. Not hard going at all if you don’t want it to be.

Got a reminder email late last week that this gig is on Tuesday night. I’ll toddle along to see if Paul Banks and the chaps still cut it.

I really enjoyed Interpol last night. They’re playing tonight and tomorrow night too. Tunes from last year’s album sounded great live and the old favourites from Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics were received rapturously. PDA to end the first encore was the highlight for me. I took a neat picture:
[ATTACH=full]2369[/ATTACH]

@Sidney

Are you going to see Noel Gallagher at the 3 Arena in March?

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1090067, member: 9”]I really enjoyed Interpol last night. They’re playing tonight and tomorrow night too. Tunes from last year’s album sounded great live and the old favourites from Turn on the Bright Lights and Antics were received rapturously. PDA to end the first encore was the highlight for me. I took a neat picture:
[ATTACH=full]2369[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

And you didn’t make aware of this upcoming gig because? :mad:

Are you taking the piss because I mentioned it on this thread last summer when tickets went on sale and again last week? Are you being sarcastic, bro? Are you?

No i am just seething I forgot, apologies pal.

It’s not too late to head along tonight or tomorrow night…

This was a super gig in a beautiful venue (a converted Wesleyan church). The War on Drugs pulled an audacious stunt by playing their best known song Under The Pressure as the set opener but they nailed it and set the scene for a wonderful evening of Waterboys/shoegazing crossover music. Beautiful melodies and catchy tunes interspersed with droning guitars and ear bleeding tape loops.

It struck me that if John Hughes was still making movies, he’d be using these tunes for the soundtracks. No higher praise. Music for Molly Ringwald to run away from James Spader and back to safe embrace of Harry Dean Stanton, as her father.

Songs stretched out languorously for 7 minutes plus, Adam Granduciel changed guitars frequently but the high points were when he donned the Fender Jazzmaster. Drummer Charlie Hall beat out a fierce rhythm all through. A drummer with a headband, no less. I thought I’d never see it again in my lifetime.

Super stuff.

[ATTACH=full]2401[/ATTACH]

Heading to see The 4 of Us in the Mill Theatre in Dundrum this evening. I will catch up with Liverpool Besiktas afterwards.

Henry Rollins suggested on the radio tonight that he’d be doing a spoken word gig in Ireland in 2016. I’ll be going to that. Saw him doing a spoken word show in the Olympia in 1992 (I think) and it was outstanding.