Gigs coming up

Went to see Nigel Kennedy and friends last night. A gig in four parts. 1) Bach 2) Nigeā€™s own stuff, prog rock effectively. 3) jazz from a Polish guy Smietana who died recently. 4) Jimi Hendrix. The Bach was the best, Nigel is a brilliant violinist but quite self indulgent. Good show though, 3.5 hours. He worse a Villa shirt for the first half and a Cracovia one for the second.

That sounds like hell.

3 Likes

It was hard going in parts. He should stick to the classical.

The AC/DC gigs sounds awesome.

Just been listening to the first few songs while lifting 10 (ten) kg dumb bells on my balcony.

1 Like

Tom Dunne played Thunderstruck first up on his show about 40 minutes ago and I turned the volume on it way up while digging two new rows for my garden vegetable patch.

Thatā€™s true rock 'n roll.

1 Like

Superb rendition of You Shook Me All Night along there.

agree
Some chap on Radio Eireann played Back in Black before the lunchtime news. That was also rock n roll.

Huge intro into Thunderstruck now. Here we go.

Doug Stanhope plays Vicar Street in October. Off the hook off the chain

2 Likes

I went to see U2 in the Mercedes-Benz arena in Berlin last night. The third night of four. Indoor show with a long stage to permit more shaping and interaction with the crowd and a big bank of TV screens down the middle. Bono has turned into one butty little fucker. This was the set:

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
Gloria
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves
Until The End Of The World

Invisible
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
New Yearā€™s Day
Every Breaking Wave
October
Bullet The Blue Sky
Zooropa
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With Or Without You

City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
One

Didnā€™t play The Fly or Zoo Station which in Berlin I thought was a bit surprising. It was a typical U2 gig really. Played for about 2:20. No supporting band.

Bono solved all the worlds problems, gave out Holy Communion and we all joined Amnesty on the way home. Earlier on he mentioned that he had found a pub in which to watch the Rugby on Sunday. As Bono called it ā€œa sport for thugs played by gentlemen, As opposed to soccerā€. He was also spitting water out onto the stage and throwing his water bottle into the crowd. High jinks.

But he couldnā€™t resist the ultimate name drop at the end. How he had a heavy weekend because he flew to New York for 14 hours for a meeting in the United Nations about eliminating Aids or something and how he met Chancellor Merkel and the two of them are going to bring all the leaders of the world to Berlin to resolve this.

I assume he will have yarn about meeting Enda Kenny to entertain the micks in November. (Maybe Peter Robinson or Gerry Adams for the Belfast crowd).

4 Likes

Was it any good anyway?

It was good enough, yeah.

Poor enough looking setlist.

That man is a Grade A Capital C Cunt. I usually like your posts pal, but that has left me angry. Very angry indeed, and at what? At the thought of listening to that prick. ā€œSolvingā€ the worldā€™s problems at a rock concert?! What a fucking tool. God be with the days youā€™d settle for a few lines of sniff, and horsing the pints in. Iā€™m off to bed - might listen to some Mitch Hedberg to get the mood back.

Boom! The Great White Stanhope.

Just take a couple of refugees on and fall in.

2 Likes

Tickets secured for Massive Attack in the Olympia 20/1/2016

1 Like

Great stuff mate.

Any difficulty?

Tuesday was sold out when I logged in at 9.10. Wednesday still available at that point but sold out at 10, I believe.