Gigs coming up

I went to see Brandford Marsalis last night. It was shite.

Missed out on fr John misty last week who I believe was excellent. Christmas lads night out at happy mondays in December

1 Like

Have tickets for the Happy Mondays myself.

3 Likes

ā‚¬74.50? No, thank you.

Very dear alright but Ā£60 in the UK so would tally with that. Youā€™d hope thereā€™d be a decent support.

Adele sold out in 3 minutes. Lot of lads out there scrambling now for the Christmas present :smile:

Thatā€™s a yes thank you from me. Bringing the sunhat for a top top day.

LCD Soundsystem are reforming and headlining Coachella.

I think I paid ā‚¬100 for their farewell live album.

Wonder will they tour Europe?

1 Like

Tickets for Shearwater in Button Factory in February and Pixies in Iveagh Gardens in July secured.

See you at the Pixies mate

I donā€™t really care for the Pixies. I mean I bought Surfer Rosa and Doolittle at the time and tried to like them for a while, pretended to like them and tried very hard to like them but it never happened for me. There was no chemistry between us. I can see that, technically, they are very good, but itā€™s not for me.

2 Likes

+1

I like a few of their songs but iā€™ve never really gotten into them - They are like U2 in that regards, a good back catalogue but I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever had a cracking album.

I feel the same about nirvana. I grew out of them. My love for the pixies has endured however.

A marginally embarrassing one: I think I have a ticket (a ā€œfriendā€ bought me one) for Macklemore. I think it would be a cracking show and I think Downtown is the best and most fun song since Remix to Ignition. Itā€™s epic.

1 Like

I had to google Macklemore ā€“ Jesusā€¦ :rollseyes:

Jesus Christ. Youā€™re fucked in the head.

2 Likes

WTF is remix to ignition?

Macklemore FFS. Itā€™s Bieber or nothing mate

Nembo and myself are
#beliebers

1 Like

I didnā€™t read the full post before, I stopped at Macklemore and had to respond aggressively with immediate effect.

ā€œFun songā€? Wtf? Are they for frolicking with his boyfriend?

You can stick to listening to Hermitage Green in the Curragower.

1 Like