Gigs coming up

Why is that, pal?

Kendrick is intelligent hip hop.

Lee perry in march in limerick and dublin. Serious gigs they will be. Banging twill be, i tells ye. Think ill go to the limerick one, better buzz and will tie it in with a family visit

1 Like

Informative. Bought a ticket for the Dublin gig.

1 Like

In. What would be the optimal mind opening substance to best enhance this gig? @feck_it @PoisonousMisanthrope

Booze and weed will do for me glas, plenty of it.

1 Like

You havenā€™t heard any of your music really until you listen to it on acid.

1 Like

First tranche of Forbidden Fruit acts released today and it looks great already. Tame Impala, Underworld, Groove Armada, Battles, Maya Jane Coles amongst others.

Heading to Foals in the 3Arena tonight, which Iā€™m very giddy for. Saw the band in the Foggy Dew at lunchtime, and they appeared to be in convivial humour.

Iā€™m going to see Suede in the Olympia this evening. Iā€™m not familiar with them at all so having a listen now. Not really my thing but they seem ok.

The Cranberries ā€œbrokeā€ America while supporting Suede who never ā€œbrokeā€ it. Darlings of the music press and new album is OK. Animal Nitrate is a great song.

40 year olds who used to read the music papers tend to like them.

I knew they were gushed over by music scribes. Never got it. And to be honest, after a solid 45 minutes or so of listening to them, I still donā€™t. Informative @Fagan_ODowd, I wish to confirm that I am neither of those things.

Butler is hardly playing with them again?

Who? Why are you asking me i know nothing about them?

I saw them 20 years ago approx in the SFX with a group of friends who are now exactly as you describe.
I canā€™t remember much about it. I saw Primal Scream a few weeks before that in the Dame venue and they were brilliant

2 Likes

Holy fuck. You didnā€™t know that Bernard Butler used to be in Suede? And youā€™re off to their gig?

1 Like

Yes and yes.

I hope you donā€™t fail the Suede quiz on the way in.

5 Likes

Suede at The Olympia - now that was a proper band putting on a proper show.
First half interesting, second half all the classics.
Is it just an Irish thing that some yahoo had to shout out something very stupid during gig.

Suede was good. They played their new album straight through first. They had a light screen hanging down over the stage on which they projected a movie which was filmed for the album. The screen was more opaque at the bottom so you could see the band in behind playing live and by fiddling with the lighting they brought the band or certain members more or less into focus at different stages. It was a cool effect. The subject matter was very bleak but as a piece of art it was impressive. Then they had an intermission then lifted the screen and came back on stage and played the old stuff (I presume it was the old stuff anyway). Not really my kind of music, I imagine it would be much more @farmerinthecityā€™s thing, but the band were very good and Iā€™d say the proper fans lapped it up.