Gigs coming up

Are Radiohead still popular?

I thought most of their fans would have topped themselves by now.

Popular enough to headline Glastonbury anyway ya aul fogy.

Radiohead sold out in a minute flat and all I can see on twitter is people saying they didnā€™t get tickets. Seems like more shady business from Ticketbastard.

To make matters worse, theyā€™ve issued a ID-with-tickets at the door to match the name on your tickets, touts be damned.

Picked up tickets in the pre sale on Wednesday. Mucho expenso. Great band live. This will be my fifth time seeing them.

Ah nice, the pre-sale never occurred to me. I saw they were changing their setlists entirely night-to-night last tour.

https://youtu.be/dYhpuMAjghA

Went to see these last night in Birmingham. It was a very enjoyable gig. They played for the bones of 90 minutes. I think they are playing Dublin at the end of the week. Iā€™d recommend going to see them.

Cool story. You went to see a covers band in Birmingham? The Micks really are cosmopolitan

They have some of their own stuff too. I never said it was cutting edge. I said enjoyable.

Julia Holterā€™s playing Vicar Street tonight, lads. Might have gone if Iā€™d known earlier. Went to see her in the Button Factory last year and it was really fantastic.

edit: so jealous of Dubs in terms of live music. Thereā€™s ALWAYS something on.

Always. Rod Stewart was on last night and again tonight.

I had a nose off Nialler9ā€™s gig guide and Iā€™d have gone to something most nights this week.

Live At The Marquee lineup has gone to the dogs down here lately. No doubt Coronas and some X-Factor off spring already confirmed. 2014 was utterly brilliant, though.

Cā€™mere, Iā€™m not sure how many dainty acoustic singer-songwriter young oneā€™s Iā€™ve seen in support acts, but it feels like a billion of 'em. Went to a gig a few nights back and yer wan was stopping after every song to tell us what the next song was about and how it pertained to her oh-so quirky life.

I saw Hayes and Cahill in the new McGonagles on South Anne Street on Thursday night.

Excellent as always and a lovely jibe at the end by Martin with a ā€˜good to see people here to see us and not riding along the Gloaming waveā€™ comment.

1 Like

Thinking about going to see Hans Zimmer in the Point.

1 Like

Informative.

Anyone hear any word of a Slane Guns n Roses date?

I can hear the sound check for this now.

1 Like

Is it any use? Iā€™m going to see them in Dublin tomorrow.

Aphex Twin in London, June 3.

Sunn O)))), Manuel Gottsching and Ash RA Tempel, the Barbican, March 21 and 22

2 Likes

Fleet foxes to play iveagh gardens next year

2 Likes