Gigs coming up

Save your money

Have you seen them? I like them and iveagh gardens is a class venue. The pixies there this summer was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been at. Fleet foxes are no pixies, but still.

The Pixies are shit.

2 Likes

For the most part yes. A few decent tunes.

That’s simply wrong. Don’t childishly lash out just because you got your wings clipped on another thread. It’s beneath you.

Pixies shit all over nirvana.

Don’t be a silly boy. I’m perfectly entitled to have a contrary view on the merits of the Pixies which can’t be “simply wrong”

1 Like

They are/were shite. But it’s “cool” to like them.

1 Like

The Pixies are nothing but hipster tripe. Nirvana were only around a few years , mate yet Nevermind shits all over anything the Pixies ever did - But I don’t see what Nirvana have to do with anything. Like a little child that has gotten all upset you’ve decided to lash out at something you think I hold dear. Grow up.

3 Likes

Glas is having a poor evening in fairness.

1 Like

Primal Scream were class.

5 Likes

If the Frames were on the same bill it’d be a perfect gig for an old guy like yourself.

3 Likes

Fuck off with your Nevermind. It’s an average album, rescued by a few good songs. Doolittle is a masterpiece in comparison and Surfer Rosa it’s equal. Nirvana owe every slice of their loud soft sound to the Pixies. I couldn’t name 5 good Nirvana songs, but would have no problem naming
10 good Pixies ones.

Roger Waters at the Marquee in 2006 was excellent. One of the best crowds at a gig that I can remember. Some amount of spliff doing the rounds during a half-hour power cut.

When you’re right you’re right.

Nirvana hit bigger heights but they just don’t stand up to repeat listening years later the way the pixies do. Pixies were original and inventive, nirvana borrowed everywhere and made it sound great. Nirvana would never have existed without the pixies going before them, nirvana even acknowledge they owe the quiet loud quiet motif completely to the pixies. Pixies had a better range of song types and also had better musicians on guitar bass and vocals, with the obvious exception being grohl on drums.

1 Like

I repeat, the Pixies are shit. If they switch you on, then good for you.

1 Like

Plus the pixies leaned heavily on the jesus and mary chain. Everyone thinks Nirvana were the only band to be heavily influenced.

For someone that’s generally has excellent taste in music I find it strange that you make such a sweeping statement. There’s lots of stuff that I just don’t like, but objectively I can see that it’s not simply “shit”. Anyway there you go.

Pretty much every band ever borrowed and built on other stuff to a greater or lesser degree.

1 Like