Giving to Charity

In all fairness to Duffy he gave a load of his time, effort and raised huge sums for free, unlike the cunts in the “charity” who drew down salaries

See 2013 figures

Autism Ireland

Total Income: €1.73m

State funds: €90k

Donations: €1.64m

Salaries: €973,752

CEO (Kevin Whelan): €78,973 plus pension

Where money goes: 40% admin, fundraising/ rent

Everyone can’t volunteer. He’s a millionaire, he can afford to give of his time.

Get up the yard with that bollox. You can’t expect people to give the time for free when you aren’t prepared to do it yourself.

So there should be no salary cost in charities? A noble aspiration.

Amnesty International is another one id be steering clear of folks.
they are a funny enough old ‘charity’ at the best of times what with them campaigning for human rights, womans rights, etc as well as the rights of those who don’t agree in human rights or womans rights to move freely to countries who do believe in it.

Anyway that self righteous prick Colm ‘im untouchable’ O’Gorman (100k salary) was on last week defending his ‘charity’ employing street chuggars.
They are paying lads €9.65 per hour to stand outside Centra annoying the shit out of people to sign up direct debits of €100 pa

5 Likes

I can’t understand what you’re trying to say in your first paragraph. I’m not sure you do either. I think I can glean that you seem not to understand what a charity is.

Carry on anyway.

youd be the type of self righteous gombeen greenhorn they would love on their side

3 Likes

Old

They are dodgy as fuck. What do they actually do?

‘Create awareness’

fuck knows what they do really, wait for you to be ‘downtrodden’, and then fight your cause it seems.

they spend a shit load of money fighting for the rights of adults to murder unborn childeren

Half their money goes to murdering unborn innocent children and the other half to stopping countries murder convicted criminals.

1 Like

Preach to people. Bono is a big supporter.

Really? He’s pointing out that they have conflicting causes In his view. You’re going to have to be a bit more savvy if you really be want to save the world @glas.

1 Like

What he’s trying to say is that under O’Gormans tenure they are a far cry from what they originally set out to do. The hypocritical stance regarding abortion and death penalty is reflective of mission creep under its current stewardship which is driving away droves of supporters.

Coupled with the media’s stubborn refusal to investigate O’Gorman paying himself a sixth of the govt funding while running one in four or how amnesty Ireland had to be bailed out with huge sums from amnesty international, it shows that O’Gorman is neither capable of leading nor of having moral authority on anything.

Bob Geldof and Bono set a precedent for people getting sick of charities with their bullshit over the years…then you have fucking on the street chuggers with beards and ponytails…they can rightly fuck off.

The likes of Focus Ireland and Novas seem to be fine and I do contribute to them when the bucket goes around at work.

I’m not sure that’s what he was trying to say. He posted about amnesty international. I still haven’t a clue what he was trying to say really.

No he didn’t. There’s a point in there you’re trying to drive at but its so riddled with presumptions based on opinions that it’s not worth engaging with. You can do better.

1 Like

https://www.amnesty.ie/latest/news/2016/02/04/amnesty-international-demands-government-action-un-childrens-rights-committee-call-decriminalisation-abortion/

However the convention provides that

the child, by reason of his physical and mental immaturity, needs special safeguards and care, including appropriate legal protection, before as well as after birth"…

What’s your problem with chuggers? It’s a fucking shit job, really tough, really poorly paid with shit conditions and you’ve to deal with arseholes all day. The least you can do is smile and politely decline.
From a charity point of view it provides them with a definite future income so they can budget properly.

2 Likes

Have you made a point here?