Giving to Charity

I would imagine CEO is the most accountable role in any business?

I always will give to Pieta.
Marymount.
Won’t ever give to chuggers or anyone else paid for charity work, I worked in a Romanian charity for years and until professional ppl came on board everything we raised - robbed - borrowed - went 100 pc toward the upkeep and maintenance etc of orphans, orphanages, TB/Aids clinics etc
Professionals required their mugs on local TV and to be heard on radio Foyle etc, some were genuine others used our charity as a PR venture, yes we needed a certain amount of professionals on board to progress but it turned sour eventually as a lot of charities do when ppl demand or expect expenses etc, to me charity means doing charitable acts with no personal benefit

Just look at what happened in Console…

All charity should be local at this stage in Ireland, you just cant trust it otherwise.

2 Likes

Instead of just giving to charity what sort of way could you get involved in some of the ground work? Is there like places you can just turn up to help the homeless or something like that?

I’m very ignorant on the matter but I’m assuming there’s a load of red tape around helping.

Ye’ll have to pick it up this year lads. Do your best to get one or donate online.

11 Likes

Good man, I’ve told the kids in school to wear odd socks tomorrow to mark it.

Oh, and for those of you who don’t know, this isn’t @Locke looking for a few quid to replace the tiles :wink:

1 Like

When did odd socks become the symbol for it @Locke?

Anyone still on Snapchat or Instagram could do worse than look up powpowfizz to see some of the stuff he does with famous Enniscorthy man Paul Scott.

4 Likes

Short jump from OddLocke to OddSock

1 Like

The only reason I keep snapchat. Hilarious at times too

1 Like

I wear odd socks most days, what am I supporting?

No clue Mac. Most likely it’s okay to be different.

1 Like

Your shoes? :man_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

https://finnharps.ie/shop/#!/Adult-Finn-Harps-Third-Shirt-2021/p/319882160/category=0

This is a tough one lads. If any of you have a few coins to spare at end of the month they sure could do with it. Covid has hit them more than most.

1 Like

Needy

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0408/1208688-courts-bothar/

Looks like another fucker with his hand in the cookie jar

2 Likes