Giving up coffee

:clap:

[quote=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 753656, member: 686ā€]Calling the Fingal Ravenā€¦

Iā€™m back on the caffeine mate, had 2 cups already today and I feel like a worthless scumbag.

Tell me more about this meditation lark, can I better myself?[/quote]

How did you give in on a Saturday? I would has thought hat would be h easiest day to stay off it

Was passing the Brazilian cafe in Gort earlier, thoughts came flooding back of a caffeine hit I had there in the lead up to Christmas 2012ā€¦ when I was going through a tough patch. I caved inā€¦

Youā€™re a weak little bitchā€¦

I came here for support you cruel cunt.

Fuck it KP, you deserved your caffeine rush, a small stumble, no harm done. Coffee the shit out of it for the rest of the weekend and go cold turkey next week again. Just dont fall back into the routine.

[quote=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 753656, member: 686ā€]Calling the Fingal Ravenā€¦

Iā€™m back on the caffeine mate, had 2 cups already today and I feel like a worthless scumbag.

Tell me more about this meditation lark, can I better myself?[/quote]

Mate,

With NLP - you can achieve anything.

In regards to going back on the coffee - you have given it up before- the next time you give it up it will be easier - a cup now and again isnt too bad either as you have broken the addiction and your mature attitude to the odd cup shows you are in control

the pain as the toxins leave my body is unbearable

1 Like

Iā€™m only drinking water for the month. Yesterday was tough but today my clarity of thought has returned to normal.

1 Like

Are you allowed to ate soup, or will you just be acting water aswell?

Have you cut out the Bulletproof Coffee?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy Iā€™ve unconsciously pretty much given up coffee. Still have a cup in the morning first thing, but prior to Christmas I was drinking 4 or 5 cups during the working day. I had no coffee over the weekend and had no real want or desire for one.

1 Like

Too much coffee makes you go bald

I have 1 in the morning ā€¦ and Iā€™d have caffeine before exercise - youā€™re wasting your time if you are not having caffeine in some capacity before exercise.

A good whack of green tea extract will give you your caffeine fix.

1 Like

I get a takeaway coffee on my way into work and another after lunch. My two coffees per day cost ā‚¬5.60 (formerly ā‚¬5.20 but price increase due to VAT increase effective from 2ā€™19). Thereā€™s some right cheap, miserable fuckers in work here who ate raw carrots and green leaves and crap, and never buy anything on a day to day basis. Coming in daily with their tupperware full of bulk bought shite. Too tight to buy a coffee so drinking work provided Maxwell House from the kitchen here. Itā€™s very important to support Irelandā€™s thriving barista industry and these mean gimps just donā€™t get it.

4 Likes

Would you have a can of NOCCO when working out on an empty stomach?

When not WFH, I like to head out and get between 1 and 2 coffees in the day. Previously my coffee intake fluctuated wildly, and perhaps unhealthily, but I now have it under a reasonable level of control. The brisk walk to the nearest barista/coffee machine is great for my step count and my overall sense of well-being. I feel sorry for the lads slaving at the desk with a big bottle of filtered water/flask of increasingly-complicated tea compounds who wonā€™t allow themselves this little joy in their day.

2 Likes

I enjoy a ā€œJava Republicā€ branded Hot Chocolate at approx at approx 3:30pm at work. I find it breaks up the evening nicely, as it takes about 3 minutes to walk to the canteen and another 3 minutes to walk back (can be longer if I stop for a piss/dump)

All in all good value for ā‚¬1.50

1 Like

Will you post a pic of the hot choc at 3.33 pleaseā€¦