Golf Thread

No mention of Greg Norman :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He hasn’t been sighted in an age. Think he got the
P45 a few months ago. The no laying up lads reckoned the Saudi boys figured he was too much trouble.

What does this mean in real terms?

Will more tournaments be 54 holes where here’ll be team events and all that nonsense?

Or will the PGA Tour schedule remain as is?

Surely McIlroy has to take some sort of stand on it all now and boycott a few events or something?

Greg was on the sidelines for this

July 2022 Trump called it

Wonder what this means for the proposed Doonbeg tournament

I’d say if Trump is elected it will go ahead

Do LIV have the majority stake?

Jp will be delighted for his Ryder cup.

McIlroy mugged off good and proper.

1 Like

Malachy clerkin and a few other Irish journalists were taking aim at doonbeg and trump when it was suggested there would be a Liv event in doonbeg.

I wonder will they have the same issues with Ryder cup in adare.

4 Likes
1 Like

LoLz. You mugs.

1 Like

A merger has taken place. Nobody seems to know anything about it especially the players.

I think if I had my few bob made that I’d take a sabbatical and see what’s what after the dust settles

There’ll be plenty more road to run on this, the players that stayed will be livid and will surely cause a fuss. McIllory will look a right mug if he doesn’t cause a fuss

2 Likes

The Saudis now have a blueprint for how to take over football, which is surely their real target.

They’ve already started

That’s one avenue but taking control of European football and/or FIFA would be a much better avenue. They’ll likely bribe their way to hosting the 2030 World Cup and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them come up with some astronomical amount of cash to revive the European Super League idea in a different form with 50 or 80 clubs, offer them two billion each, and take effective control of UEFA that way.

Like, it doesn’t matter how many top players you sign for Saudi club teams, nobody is going to give a fuck about Saudi club football, same as nobody gave a fuck about LIV events.

3 Likes

The US based players are on the same page for the most part, they’re living in the same enclaves in Florida/Arizona and still playing practice rounds together like Koepka and McIlroy etc.

It’s mainly the lower-ranked Euros and past-it lads like Westwood/Poulter etc that have been properly bitching at each other