Graeme Souness

As someone in the comments said the fastest woman in the world would be ranked joint 8,454th in the world in a mixed sport

I presume you’ll be planning marches of outrage in protest against the term Player Of The Year?

Spare arm, swarming, late shoulders with Hego constantly flicking his hurley and Cian Lynch threatening to drop her on her head.

1 Like

Not at all, mate.

It’s probably one of the most ridiclious arguments ever.

Enlighten me pal. How is advocating for the “player of the match” - totally in contrast to what Elisa is saying?

That is what you’ve accepted to do. Am I mistaken?

That’s good you’ve no problem with the term Player Of The Match. Neither have I.

Was listening to a Joe Rogan Podcast there one day and he was on with some combat sports guru.

They said that most people don’t understand the reality of violence and that they usually overestimate their own physical capabilities.

They said the cure was a punch in the nose, or in this instance, a belt of a shoulder from an intercounty player.

1 Like

FC Dallas u15 boys team beat the US ladies senior national team 5-2 a few years ago.

Player of the match is a choice of words that only annoys weirdos that are looking to be offended like yourself.

Elisa is advocating abolishing women’s sports so it is very different.

Hopefully you will make the connection eventually, mate.

It sounds like you’re on the same page as myself re women’s sports.

There is no connection between RTE calling the best player in a men’s game player of the match and abolishing women’s sport

1 Like

Nothing is being abolished pal.

Undermined though potentially in a massive way. Women’s sports that is.

Why do you think RTE changed the term - man of the match to player of the match @Cheasty ?

Interested to read your view on that.

I haven’t given it any thought and I couldn’t care less.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Why were you disgusted then though by Souness’s commentary on Sunday re the football being a man’s game?

Do you feel women should have been playing or what?

I’d listen to a 4-hour Joe Rogan podcast with Graeme Souness and Cllr Elisa O’Donovan.

6 Likes

If Souey had just said “person with a penis” it would have been fine.

He should know words like “man” and “woman” belong to a by-gone era and good riddance.

My take from his comments was that it was a competitive game and they were both going at it with no feigning injury etc. I’m entitled to that take.

2 Likes

I agree. But there is a permanently outraged crowd trying to cancel him.

And the homo sapien of the match award goes to…

5 Likes