Graeme Souness

But then you just rebel against it if you can. (On an anonymous forum preferably).

The man wasn’t being in any way disrespectful. It’s really scary the power disenfranchised/lonely/unhappy people have on the greater mass.

As a later edit. I’m all of the above too, but cop the fuck and get on with it. There’s loads of us. And will be afterwards.

3 Likes

In fairness she never misses a Limerick game, hurling or football

Her brother played football for Limerick and is a doctor for the Irish Olympic team.
She’s actually genuinely interested in sports, does triathlons etc

But that was a ridiculous comment, absolute nuts :man_shrugging:

Souness deliberately set out to undermine and humiliate a female pundit in public, merely because she is a woman.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

As has been said, there is a pattern to Souness’s targets - black players (Pogba, Martial, Wan-Bissaka, Mings) and now a woman (Karen Carney). People not like him, in other words.

I thought this from the Manchester United v Manchester City game last November was quite the giveaway as to his attitude. Keane got in on the casual racism act as well.

Shite like this should be called out for what it is and if the likes of you get offended at that, well, tough shit.

I think they should all have a ball.

Isnt that half the problem? Some of them have a pair of balls and Dan the man got none

1 Like

There should be no such thing as winning or losing either. Only encourages elitism and a higher bar in terms of standards. Everyone should get participation certs instead.

1 Like

Subtitles?

When Gardai are issuing descriptions of criminals they should be cognisant of the feelings of the offenders when describing them.

‘A heavy set male in his 20’s approximately 6 foot 3 in height’ should instead be termed ‘a tall person who should not be body shamed.’

5 Likes

It’s been done

Celtic didn’t have a sectarian signing signing policy but they certainly did have bigoted fans.

Bananas were flung at the pitch from the Jungle at the New Year derby in 1988 when Mark Walters made his debut for Rangers.

@2:30 here.

Look, you deliberately ignored my question in relation to the player of the match stuff from RTE. A corporation who have shown their real care and worth to the country of Ireland over the last two years.

I honestly couldn’t care less but the consistent cloak and dagger nature of that organisation along with the virtue signallers like yourself who are so fucking tolerant of everything except an opposing view to the narrative is unbelievable.

Your tribe of people cannot listen to anything but your own views.

3 Likes

A thread on Graeme Souness and the muldoons have reduced it to a discussion about a Limerick hurler dating a Cork Camogie player.

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

I haven’t a barney what you’re on about with that screed of unintelligible gibberish.

Your ilk have refused point blank to listen to the views of people who rightly think it’s unacceptable for an established male pundit to try and undermine and humiliate a female pundit for no other reason than she is a woman - which is what happened.

Cringe for @anon98850436

Wasnt Souness a regular on Virgin Media’s Champions League coverage right up until the pandemic?

Im pretty sure he was in Ballymount the night Diego Simeone charged down the touchline at Anfield on March 11th 2020.

Yes I’m fairly sure he was crying about Atletico that night. I think it was on Virgin Media that he outed himself as a Brexiteer also.

2 Likes

This was blatant racism too when he started on about Latin people.

He’s an absolute cunt of the highest order and he knew exactly what he was at on Sunday.

1 Like

No idea who wrote that article but the writer either deliberately misses the point or is not intelligent enough to get the point.

None of this is about removing words from use. It’s not about that at all and the pretence that it is only serves to undermine the “arguments” of those defending Souness on this.

The point is that Souness repeatedly used particular words in a particular tone to deliberately undermine and humiliate a female colleague for no other reason than she is a woman. He didn’t go after anything Carney actually said. He tried to undermine her because she is a woman. That’s bullying. It was deliberately creatively veiled for plausible deniability, but still blatant, and the essential aim of it was little different to what Richard Keys said about Sian Massey.

Souness is a smart man and understands context and tone and how they shape the meaning of things that are said. He also has a very big ego, and an entitlement complex and likes to be in charge. To be in charge requires building a comfort zone around you where those who make you uncomfortable do not enter. Souness’s comfort zone is the boys’ club. Carney disturbed his comfort zone and Souness didn’t like it one little bit.