Greatest Hurling Match of All-Time?

It was certainly one of the greatest games I have ever seen for sheer entertainment and quality of some of the scores.

Collins point, Horgans point, Lehanes goal, Ryans catch and point…

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 828685, member: 686”]It was certainly one of the greatest games I have ever seen for sheer entertainment and quality of some of the scores.

Collins point, Horgans point, Lehanes goal, Ryans catch and point…[/quote]

Never mind Lehanes goal, Cronins was much better. Rarely you see a lad getting it into the top corner from that distance and angle.

Quality alright. Cool as fcuk the way he didn’t shoot quickly, took his time and did a 180 before unleashing.

Still Lehanes seizing of the dropping crumbs at 45 yards out, the clean heels and the pin point finish was a quality score. However I will say one thing, the Clare goalie has a very awkward style about him, if you watch the position/movement of his hurl across his body during Lehanes shot… it was primitive enough, I would have thought Davy would have ironed out that in him.

Lehane’s finish was fairly poor and woukdve been saved comfortably by the likes of Fitzhenry or indeed Nash.

Even Cummins would have saved that one.

Probably would have batted it out straight to another Cork forward.

Yeah but he would have batted it straight into the path of another forward for them to slot it home.

:cool:

Great minds and slow Wi fi etc etc

Probably the best finish but the standard was well off the 09 final, especially from cork. A lot of softish frees for both sides, stuff that wouldn’t have been pulled the last few years.

Jesus I dont know what game some of ye were watching. I enjoyed the last 15 minute immensely but Christ one of the all time classics? We go one about how the English overhype sporting events, christ we are as bad ourselves.

Clare absolutely dominated that match for 55 minutes. In terms of general play they dominated as much as they did against Limerick. The big difference being that Cork had a free taker who kept them in the game, Limerick didnt. The dramatic nature of the finish is giving a completely distorted view of the game. The last 15 minutes was riveting, compelling viewing but this game was no where near an all time classic.

Clare will and should be sick, but at least they didnt lose it. It would have been their very own 94 if they did.

[quote=“fucked out, post: 828608, member: 1495”]It had drama and some great individual moments but wasn’t the greatest in terms of standard of hurling.
Perhaps the most dramatic AIF of all time[/quote]

what flaws did you spot in the standard of hurling that the rest of us missed?

Sure it was no better than 97 and not a patch on 94 for the last few minutes.

Flaws? It was a great game but I wouldn’t say the greatest of all time. The drama added to the enjoyment of it but with a decent ref Clare would have won handy IMO. The drama has skewed people’s impression of the game. Brian Gavin take a bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yciT1tSQ-l4

Your sad obsession with galway continues. That was definitely a soft free no one from galway would claim otherwise, your sore i gave your brain dead comment the dumb rating it deserved above, go back to mindlessly cheerleading the broncos, hurling talk going on here.

I was responding to your statement that soft frees were given in the game that wouldn’t have been in other years. I put it in context of Galway for you as you’re from there so thought I’d make it easier for you to appreciate.

Cork players who played well yesterday

Nash
O’Neill
Harnedy
Horgan

Not a great game.

Wasn’t there a Wexford U14 Co Final that was generally regarded as being in the top 5 hurling games of all time? Surprised it hasn’t got a mention yet.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 828996, member: 366”]Cork players who played well yesterday

Nash*
O’Neill**
Harnedy
Horgan

Not a great game.[/quote]
*Missed two shots at goal.
**Should have been sent off.