Guards - Cunts or Not

Theyā€™ll get ate alive if theyā€™ve to go anywhere hot

1 Like

Will there be a similar amnesty on driving licences like in the 70s I wonder.

Editā€¦

Wasnā€™t sure of the date so dug this out. You couldnā€™t make it up as ye say around hereā€¦

The test hit a few bumps along the way. In 1979 anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 driving licences were given out to those who had never taken a test. There had been a lengthy postal strike and no applications could be received or posted. Not many had telephones back then (two years to get one installed), so tests could not even be arranged by phone. This led to a huge backlog. The then Environment Minister, Sylvester Barrett decided the best way to sort it out was to declare an amnesty. So a full driving licence was given to candidates who held a second provisional licence, as it was called then.

Later, it transpired that some insurance companies refused to allow them a reduced premium because they had not passed the test. Some then applied to do the test to qualify but were refused because they already held a full licence.

Our neighbour failed her driving test fourteen (14) times before successfully getting her full license using this wonderful scheme.

2 Likes

Did she ever have a crash afterwards?

She didnā€™t. She only ever drove to the nearest shop that I saw. Wouldnā€™t drive into town as she was scared. Did a steady 40mph in the Hillman hunter irrespective of whether it was the borĆ­n or the main road.

1 Like

Sure what harm did giving her the licence do so.

I donā€™t get your vexation here mate? I never said it did as far as I recall, but Iā€™ll scroll up there and check after Iā€™ve posted this.

Cheers pal :+1:

No bother.

@anon67715551 got a phone off of his Ff buddy Albert in a couple of weeks.

Battlefield commissions, theyā€™ll comeback and finish their educations when the war is over.

1 Like

About 10 days truth be told. Sometimes itā€™s who you know rather than the alternative.
Capping the maneavour off was the fact I wasnā€™t in his constituency. Albert was 100%.

Sorry I thought Leitrim and Longford were more or less the same.

Itā€™s made a easier viewing that sergeant selina and Rebekah :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Are they going to get rid of all the fat bastards?

Surely more to this?

What a fucking name by the way :clap::clap: ā€œLocal businessman Fionn MacCumhaill, who represents the Dublin North City Business Associationā€

2 Likes

Something not adding up there.

Iā€™d also like to know what level a guard has to get to on a bleep test?

Very hard on the woman in question to be named and shamed like this. Also there have been fat Garda for decades and the first one to be sacked is a woman?

Named and photos of her! ā€¦ Sheā€™s been up to no good and not just in the kitchen.

Do they have to waddle the bleep test with their hands tucked into the pockets of their tactical vest?

I presume she is the one publicising it