Hate crime legislation

I would.

But I do have to say that despite my complete disdain for FG, she has been very active, capable and progressive as a minister. I’d say she’s introduced more reforms in her two years or whatever it is and with a maternity leave thrown in than Flanagan or Fitzgerald ever did.

I have friends on the radical activist left who are completely opposed the legislation because of the Garda. To be clear I’m not. Anyway if interested read this… The UK are much further down the road on us regarding hate crime legislation. And the evidence its effective is lacking…

I suppose there’ll be more apes in jail or looking at the threat of it, so it has to work on some level.
I’d be all for longer sentences in the instance of hate crime, which isn’t that hard to define really

I think that’s an article about a different question. If hate crimes is more heinous - and it is - then it merits a worse punishment. I don’t think anyone suggests that hate crime legislation is a cure all and will eradicate a problem overnight.

You might as well say we’ve had a load of murders lately clearly laws against murder don’t work let’s get rid of them.

id agree that it could be an aggravating factor and therefore doesnt need to be a separate offence.

no point in legislating for offences if the beaks arent going to sentence properly, which they currently arent doing.

also, i wouldve thought that people like you and glas would be more tilted towards restorative justice and education for these type of crimes i.e. the prevention of the crimes is better than letting them happening and then throwing the book

Fooly tying himself up in knots here trying to justify his innate racism.

fooly?

you really are a witless humourless trout

And you’re a stupid backward bigot with innate misogynistic and racist tendencies.

youve plenty of history in both columns there yourself there pal. virtue signallers living in glas’s house shouldnt be throwing stones

Off you go digging if you like. Not so much as a denial from you. It’s worse you’re getting.

Can someone explain how things would change by enacting this law. Examples of before and after if possible please.

In England a woman has the right to refuse to be strip searched by a trans woman police officer.

However if she does refuse and it’s based on prejudicial/hate views she can be issued with a police caution. No court etc. That then shows up on vetting etc

Welcome to the Pleasuredome

im not going to play your silly little “so when did you stop hitting your wife” game.

at the end of the day youre a sneery snivelling little shit of a man who thinks he/they are better than most of us on here. youre actually among the worst as youre just as guilty of the sins that accuse us of

1 Like

If you call somebody a cunt it’s not a crime.

If you call somebody a white cunt it’s a crime.

2 Likes

you sure about that?

No.

1 Like

Standard nonsensical response with the trademark spelling and grammatical errors when you get angry. It’s like clockwork.

No rebuttal then?

I feel I’m witnessing hate crime here.

I already told you to go digging if you like. It’s stupider you’re getting too.